Through the Government’s ePenjana initiative, eligible Malaysians can claim MYR50 free e-wallet credit from participating e-wallet providers namely Touch ‘n Go eWallet, Grab, and Boost. The redemption period starts today, 31 July 2020 until 24 September 2020. Here is how you can redeem your free credit from the current largest e-wallet provider in Malaysia—Touch ‘n Go eWallet.
The fundamental requirements include:
- You need to be a Malaysian citizen, aged 18 years and above, as at end of 31 December 2020
- Earn an annual income of less than MYR100,000 a year (based on LHDN’s latest records)
- Be a registered user of MySejahtera app
For new MySejahtera app users, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Download and install MySejahtera app from the Gallery of Malaysian Government Mobile Applications (GAMMA), Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Huawei AppGallery.
- Step 2: Click on “Register Here” to register a new account.
- Step 3: Enter your mobile phone number and click “Register” or click on the link “I would like to use Email to Register” (if you want to register using your email address).
- Step 4: You will receive an OTP via SMS (if you register using phone number) or confirmation link through your email (if you register using email address).
- Step 5: Enter the OTP and click ‘Send’ (if you register using phone number) or click on the confirmation link sent to your email (if you register using email address).
- Step 6: Fill in your registration details (full name as per Malaysian NRIC/Malaysian Army/Malaysian Police Number and other required information). Then click ‘Confirm’.
- Step 7: You will receive a “Successful Registration” message. Click “Close” at the bottom of the screen to return to the sign-in screen.
- Step 8: You are now registered with MySejahtera. Please wait for an activation confirmation that will be send via SMS or email before you proceed with login.
- Step 9: Enter your User ID (phone number or email address) and your password and click “Sign in”.
- Step 10: Click ‘Things to Do’ button to conduct your Day 0 Health Assessment Test.
- Step 11: Proceed to apply for the ePENJANA initiative at your e-wallet app.
For existing MySejahtera users:
- Step 1: Update your MySejahtera app to the latest version.
- Step 2: Click on “Profile” to update your personal information.
- Step 3: Update your personal details (full name as per Malaysian NRIC/Malaysian Army/Malaysian Police Number). Then click ‘Confirm’.
- Step 4: Proceed to apply for the ePENJANA initiative at your e-wallet app.
To claim MYR50 ePenjana from Touch ‘n Go eWallet
Note: This is to assume that you have already downloaded the Touch ‘n Go eWallet app and have verified and upgraded account. It may take 1-2 days for the eKYC (Know Your Customer) process to verify and upgrade your TNG eWallet.
- Step 1: Fire up your Touch ‘n Go eWallet app
- Step 2: Click on the “Your RM50 ePenjana is here” banner
- Step 3: Click on the checkbox if you agree with the Terms and Conditions, then click “Claim Now”
- Step 4: Verify that your Full Name (as per your NRIC) and MyKad number are correct. Click “Yes, Submit Now.”
The identity verification will be done to identify your IC number (as per your MyKad), income eligibility, and whether you have registered on MySejahtera. It will also check if you have claimed your ePenjana from another wallet already. You can only claim from one e-wallet provider.
Once you’ve submitted your claim, it may take up to five days for verification and approval. Once approved, you will receive the one-time MYR50 credit in your Touch ‘n Go eWallet.
For more information about claiming RM50 ePenjana from Touch ‘n Go eWallet, visit TNG Digital.
What you can use RM50 ePenjana for
You can use the free e-wallet credit for any transaction, including buying TNG RFID tags, paying for toll fares, paying for groceries and deliveries, and more. However, credit cannot be transferred to other e-wallets or users, and cannot be cashed out.
In addition to the MYR50 e-wallet credit, Touch ‘n Go eWallet is throwing in MYR300 worth of goodies including cashback vouchers for your purchases. This is limited to the first 1,000,000 million users who claim on the platform. Note that there is minimum spend requirement from respective vendor-partner vouchers. Cashback is credited into your eWallet account upon a successful transaction.
There are over 50 participating partners such as Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, Tealive, 7-Eleven, digi, FamilMart, Lazada, Mr. D.I.Y, Tesco, Caring, Shell, Hermo, Legoland Malaysia Resort, TGV Cinemas, and more.
Touch ‘n Go eWallet is the leading e-wallet in Malaysia with a network of over 11 million users and 220,000 merchant acceptance points. During last year’s eTunai Rakyat programme, 70 per cent of Malaysians chose to claim their free MYR30 credit from Touch ‘n Go eWallet.
More about ePenjana
The ePenjana is an initiative under the Short-Term Economic Recovery Plan (PENJANA) with the goal to encourage e-wallet usage and boost consumer spending; to instill safety practices through contactless payment; and facilitate contact tracing for COVID-19 through the MySejahtera app.
Around 15 million Malaysians stand to benefit from the initiative.
- Huawei Vision Smart Screen TV coming to Malaysia soon?
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Malaysia: Top of the class
- Take note, Yoodo upcoming system upgrade
- Garmin Fenix 6 trade-in promo: Up to MYR610 rebate
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip now only MYR3,999