The Government’s ePenjana initiative officially gets underway today, with the three leading e-wallet providers in the country handpicked to distribute the free MYR50 e-wallet credit to eligible Malaysians. The redemption period starts today, 31 July 2020 and continues until 24 September 2020. Here is how to redeem your free credit from Boost.
General ligibility criteria
The basic requirements include:
- You need to be a Malaysian citizen, aged 18 years and above, as at end of 31 December 2020
- Earn an annual income of less than MYR100,000 a year (based on LHDN’s latest records)
- Be a registered user of MySejahtera app
To claim RM50 ePenjana credit from Boost
- Under the ‘Profile’ tab, click on ‘My Wallet’, then click ‘Upgrade to Premium Wallet’
- Follow the instructions by taking pictures of your IC and a selfie
- Click ‘Submit’ and wait for a successful verification which will be done within one (1) working day
- Once verification is complete, go to the RM50 ePENJANA claim page from What’s New on the Homepage and tap on the submit claim button. An eligibility check will be performed by Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara (JPN), LHDN and MySejahtera. Users will be notified within five days of submitting the claim.
- Upon successful verification and eligibility check, the RM50 will automatically be credited into your Boost e-wallet and ready to use.
The eKYC process will automatically upgrade your e-wallet from Basic to Premium. The upgrade unlocks a full range of features including a larger wallet size of MYR4,999.
Aside from the MYR50 free credit, Boost is offering more than MYR80 worth of lifestyle rewards in the for of a MYR60 voucher to get one year’s worth of discounts on Celcom Postpaid XP Lite, as well as up to MYR20 worth of bundled “Partner Wallet” rewards. This covers bill payments, prepaid top-ups, micro-insurance, groceries, health and beauty, and F&B outlets.
Participating merchants nationwide include Kenny Rogers, Secret Recipe, Mydin, Setel, Tealive, Petron, KK Mart, Tesco, and many more.
Successful RM50 ePenjana claimants also stand a chance to win monthly prizes such as a Perodua MyVi 1.5 AV AT 2020, Yamaha Y15ZR motorbike, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, Samsung 50-inch 4K Smart TV, MYR100 Shopee voucher, MYR50 e-wallet credit in the Partner Wallet to spend on groceries, F&B, or health & beauty.
#KasiTambah Boost coins
Separately, Boost has given its loyalty programme, BoostUP, a..boost, specifically introducing a Level 5. Previously, the programme maxed out at four levels, with a maximum base earning of two Boost coins per MRY1 spent. With Level 5, users can earn up to eight Boost coins per MYR1 spent.
Users can also enjoy more benefits including BoostUP Pick & Win entries, a special welcome pack, and more.
With Boost coins, users have more opportunities to win premium and exclusive gifts including a 12.9-inch Apple iPad, Samsung 65-inch 4K UHD Smart TV, and many more.
What you can use RM50 ePenjana for
You can use the free e-wallet credit to transact at any of Boost’s 180,000 merchant partners, including buying prepaid top-ups, paying for meals, buying groceries, and more. However, credit cannot be transferred to other e-wallets or users, and cannot be cashed out.
More about ePenjana
The ePenjana is an initiative under the Short-Term Economic Recovery Plan (PENJANA) with the goal to encourage e-wallet usage and boost consumer spending; to instill safety practices through contactless payment; and facilitate contact tracing for COVID-19 through the MySejahtera app.
Around 15 million Malaysians stand to benefit from the initiative.
For more about Boost’s RM50 ePenjana campaign, visit Boost.