In a purported Apple iCloud hack first reported by Buzzfeed, nude photos of celebrities including those of award-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence, Ariana Grande and Kate Upton, were leaked on Sunday. Photos started circulating the 4Chan’s /b/ thread (NSFW).
Jennifer Lawrence’s publicist Bryna Rifkin confirmed the pictures with the statement via email:
“This is flagrant violation of privacy. The authorities have been contacted and will prosecute anyone who posts the stolen photos of Jennifer Lawrence.”
Not all photos are nude, some in bathing suits.
The photos were obtained allegedly via an iCloud vulnerability that allowed celebrities’ phones to be hacked.
Some anonymous forummers claim to have explicit photos and videos of celebrities and requested bitcoins and PayPal donation for access to them.
The 4chan user seemingly responsible for the original hack posted images of his desktop that showed unreleased photos and movies.
A master list of all celebrities that were hacked has started circulating, listing female stars like Kim Kardashian, Kirsten Dunst, Victoria Justice, Rihanna and Mary Kate Olsen.
Former Nickelodeon star and singer Victoria Justice said the images claiming to her in the nude, were fake.
“These so called nudes of me are FAKE people. Let me nip this in the bud right now. *pun intended*” she tweeted.
This is not the first time Apple’s cloud service has succumbed to security vulnerabilities. Apple has yet to respond to the incident.
- READ ALSO: iCloud hack: Nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence and celebrities exposed
- READ ALSO: iCloud hack: Kirsten Dunst responds to leaked photos in Twitter
- READ ALSO: iCloud hack: Python script used to exploit Find My iPhone service
- READ ALSO: Celebrity photo leaks continue as Rihanna and Kim Kardashian become latest victims
- READ ALSO: Apple on celebrity photo leak: Not iCloud/Find my iPhone breach
- READ ALSO: Not Apple iCloud hack: Jennifer Lawrence leaked nudes obtained through phishing
Show Comments (3)
Comments are closed.