Actress Kirsten Dunst is the latest victim to respond to the purported iCloud hack that left private photos (some nude) of over 100 celebrities scattered all over the internet. Some of the prominent figures in the targeted attack include Jennifer Lawrence, Kate Upton, Becca Tobin and Victoria Justice.
Kirsten seemingly put the blame squarely on Apple, in her tweet: “Thank you iCloud” with emoticons which can be translated into “piece of sh*t”
Leaked photos started circulating 4Chan’s /b/ thread (NSFW) on Sunday. Some anonymous forummers claim to have explicit photos and videos of celebrities and requested bitcoins and PayPal donation for access to them. The original hacker, nicknamed “the original guy” said in a post: “This is the result of several months’ hard work. We appreciate your donations and applaud your excitement. I will soon be moving to another location from which I will continue to post.”
The heinous crime has caught the attention of the FBI who are now investigating the case. A representative of the FBI said, “The FBI is aware of the allegations concerning computer intrusions and the unlawful release of material involving high profile individuals, and is addressing the matter. Any further comment would be inappropriate at this time.”
The high profile hack is linked to a Python script on GitHub that may have allowed users to ‘brute force’ a user’s account password on iCloud due to a vulnerability in the Find My iPhone service. Apple has since patched the security hole although it has kept mostly mum thus far.
- READ ALSO: iCloud hack: Nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence and celebrities exposed
- READ ALSO: iCloud hack: Kirsten Dunst responds to leaked photos in Twitter
- READ ALSO: iCloud hack: Python script used to exploit Find My iPhone service
- READ ALSO: Celebrity photo leaks continue as Rihanna and Kim Kardashian become latest victims
- READ ALSO: Apple on celebrity photo leak: Not iCloud/Find my iPhone breach
- READ ALSO: Not Apple iCloud hack: Jennifer Lawrence leaked nudes obtained through phishing