Acer today unleashed two of its most powerful gaming machines in Malaysia—Predator G1 compact gaming desktop, and the menacing Predator 17 X gaming notebook. The disruptive duo boast 6th Gen Intel Core processing power, latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 graphics and are VR-ready.
The Predator gaming series has earned industry-acclaimed and street cred for its amazing gaming performance, breakthrough power and bold design. The new Predator G1 and Predator 17 X have impressed reviewers overseas, whom have called the duo ‘gamers’ machines.’ With NVIDIA GeForce GTX desktop-grade graphics, they’re built for today’s gaming demands, including VR with support for Oculus, HTC Vive, OSVR and StarVR.
Acer Predator G1 desktop
The Predator G1 is the ultimate ‘cili padi’—a deceivingly compact, deadly killing machine. Its cutting-edge design housed in a 16-litre body hides the unrelentless power of a full-sized GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card. Built upon the 16nm Pascal platform, the GTX 1080 is blazing fast while running cool and drawing less power than previous generation cards in its class.
The desktop supports four major VR standards, and is coupled with Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 and 7.1 channel audio support.
On the software front, PredatorSense is your control centre—enabling you to setup and activate different gaming profiles and configurations. Control your lighting, hotkey setup and keep tabs on your system vitals.
For a more immersive experience, you can configure pulsing multi-colour LEDs—Growl Lights–that react to in-game sounds and music.
Nothing’s more annoying than network lag. With Killer DoubleShot Pro, network speed is intelligently split between priority data and standard traffic, between cable and wireless connections.
Here are some key specs at a glance:
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 (8MB L3 cache, 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz)
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 (16GB DDR4 x1, upgradable to 32GB x2)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5
- Storage: 128GB M.2 SSD; 2TB SATA HDD; SD card reader
- Networking: WLAN Killer Wireless-AC 802.11ac/a/b/g/n; Bluetooth 4.1 LE, LAN: Killer DoubleShot Pro E2400 10/100/1000Mbps
- Input/Output: Front: SD card reader, 2x audio jacks, USB 3.0 port, USB 3.1 port; Rear: LAN port, 6x audio jack, 4x USB 3.0 ports
Specially for Malaysia, 10 units of the limited edition G1 Desktop Transport Suitcase emblazoned with the Predator logo will be made available for early adopters of the G1. This standout, hardcore looking luggage bag is certainly a headturner, whether at the airport or at LAN parties.
The Acer Predator G1 is priced at MYR10,999/US$2,733.
Acer Predator 17 X notebook
The Acer Predator 17 X is an updated version of the powerful Predator 17, but now fully VR-ready. It still has the unabashedly over-the-top styling, but sheds away the ‘mobile’ GPU of its predecessor. It’s masculine, with edgy elements and bold colour accents.
Under the hood, it boasts desktop-thumping graphics power—served by the desktop-class NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980. Yes, none of the ‘mobile’ crap. With G-SYNC, gameplay is silky smooth and tear-free. If you want to squeeze even more power from the 6th Generation Intel Core CPU or GTX 980 GPU, you can… coveniently with PredatorSense UI.
For the 17.3-inch display, you can opt for a 4K display over the standard Full HD version.
Keeping things cool is the custom-engineered, triple-fan cooling system. The ultra-thin 0,1mm all-metal AeroBlade fan offers advanced aerodynamics and superior airflow.
The Predator 17 X doesn’t skimp on storage capacity and performance either. With three SATA-SSD in RAID 0 configuration, you can triple your storage and enjoy up to 3X faster speed.
The goodies don’t end there. There’s also USB Type-C Thunderbolt, and Killer DoubleShot Pro.
On the other hand, Predator SoundPound 4.2 gives your superior audio performance, coupled with four built-in speakers, two powerful subwoofers and Dolby Audio surround sound.
Here’s key specs at a glance:
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7-6820HK (4 cores, 8 threads, 8MB L3 cache, 2.7GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz)
- Memory: 32GB DDR4 (8GB DDR4 x4, upgradable to 16GB x4)
- Display: 17.3” display with IPS, Full HD
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 with 8GB GDDR5
- Storage: 256GB PCIe Gen3X34 8Gb/s + 1TB SATA HDD (7200rpm)
- Networking: WLAN Killer Wireless-AC 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with MU-MIMO; Bluetooth 4.1, LAN: Killer DoubleShot Pro E2400 Gigabit Ethernet
- Input/Output: SD card reader, USB 3.1 Gen.2 port, LAN port, 4x USB 3.0 ports, DisplayPort, headphone jack, RJ-45 port, SD card reader
- Dimensions: 423(W) x 321.5(D) x 44.95 (H)mm
- Battery: 88Wh 6,000mAh, battery life up to 3 hours
The Acer Predator 17 X retails at MYR12,999/US$3,230.
The Acer Predator gaming series is available for purchase at select authorized Acer resellers nationwide.