Iflix today launched one of its biggest new features yet—‘Playlists’ that lets you follow personal collections of your favourite entertainment icons including Afdlin Shauki, Sazzy Falak, Maya Karin, Diana Danielle, Sasha Saidin, Dynbas Mokhtar, Juliana Evans, Zain Saidin, Amber Chia, Hannah Tan, Linora Low, Resh, celebrity chef Sherson Lian, as well as top YouTuber Dan Khoo.
With tens of thousands of hours of TV shows, movies and more in its library, it may sometimes be a challenge to choose what you want to watch next. Thus, this is exactly where iflix Playlists come in. The new feature allows you to engage with your favourite celebrity to see what they’re watching, or select a show based on your preferences or a central theme.
Plus, you’ll also receive notification when playlists are updated.
Collections of awesomeness
As mentioned, iflix Playlists work in several ways. Under the People category, you can follow favourite titles of your celebrities or personalities. Next, there are specially curated ‘Collection’ playlists with popular themes such as:
- #onlyoniflix – these are highly-acclaimed and exclusive titles like the award-winning Mr. Robot and Emmy award-winnning Fargo, and more.
- Superhero Squad – who doesn’t love superhero movies and TV series? You can scroll through Captain America, Thor, The Dark Knight, Flash, Ironman, Arrow and more.
- Bromance – Hollywood’s famous male pairings such as Starsky & Hutch, Rush Hour, Dude, Where’s My Car, Shanghai Knights and more.
- To Infinity and Beyond – iconic and popular current sci-fi movies and shows including Starship Troopers, Dr. Who, Falling Skies, The 100 and more.
- Paranormal Activities – terrifying horror flicks including The Exorcists, The Omen, The Sixth Sense and more.
- Sing Alongs – all-time favourite musical dramas and productions including Glee, Empire, Chicago, School of Rock and more.
The year-old iflix is currently available in Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia and Sri Lanka. It plans to roll out to additional key emerging markets in the coming months.
In a nutshell, iflix lets you stream thousands of hours of content with a low-fee subscription, on up to five devices. Price at just MYR10 per month, you can pay as low as MYR8 per month if you sign-up for a 12-month subscription. It’s also available via all major telcos including Celcom, Digi, Maxis, U Mobile and TM Unifi.
iflix offers a free 30-day trial with full access to its world-class service. Head over to www.iflix.com to register.