Maxis has just jumped on the eSports bandwagon with the introduction of Game Credits top-up facility via Hotlink Top-up tickets, or terminal printouts. Malaysia's biggest telco is also the first to introduce the service, partnering some big-name games publishers namely Asiasoft, CIB, Garena, IAHGames and Cubinet. The service is available to all Malaysians, with additional perks for Hotlink customers.
Specially for the launch, Hotlink customers will get exclusive benefits when they top-up:
- 3 days IP + 3 days XP Boost on League of Legends online game worth RM19.95. Applicable for RM10 & above top-up tickets.
- Room Name Color Changer or Blackshot online game worth RM4.00.
- 06 Golden Key on EA FIFA Online 3 game worth RM3.50.
- Any game from IAH Games will come with additional 10% iCash (IAH Games currency) based on the equivalent top-up game point value.
To use Hotlink's Game Credits, all you need to do is this:
- Sign-in to games account in any one of the partner publisher’s website.
- Select Payment or Top-up.
- Select Hotlink Top-up Ticket as payment option.
- Login or Perform one-time registration.
- Key in 16-digit & transaction completes.
Hotlink's extensive distribution network of more than 14,000 points nationwide makes credit top-up easy and accessible, especially for Hotlink customers who are also avid gamers.
There is no denying that the online games industry is a booming one. By 2016, the global games market is tipped to reach USD86.1 billion. Over the last two years, eSports has seen a surge in growth. At the end of last year, four game franchises have had eSports events with a prize pool of more than USD1 million: League of Legends, DoTA2, Call of Duty and SMITE. (Data: Internap 2015)
Show Comments (13)
Comments are closed.