Celcom joins the rest of the major Malaysian telcos in offering pre-orders for the new Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. The Galaxy S8 and S8+ can be purchased with a 24-month contract on Celcom FIRST postpaid for MYR2,168 and MYR2,498 respectively.
Similar with the official Samsung pre-order deal, you’ll get the Limited Edition Starter Pack (screen protector, clear case, wireless charger stand and USB Type-C cable), a 5,100mAh power bank and Samsung Protection Plus plan.
The blue telco offers two plans for the devices – FIRST Gold Plus or FIRST Platinum.
FIRST Gold Plus gives you 40GB of data monthly (20GB all-day + 20GB weekend), unlimited calls and social chat (WhatsApp and WeChat). The plan costs MYR98/month.
If that falls short of your expectations, you can opt for the top-run FIRST Platinum. The plan provides you with a succulent 60GB of data (30GB all-day + 30GB weekend), unlimited calls, unlimited SMS and social chat. This will set you back MYR150/month.
Bundle pricing for the devices are as follows (before 6% GST):
- FIRST Gold Plus – MYR2,478
- FIRST Platinum –MYR2,168
- FIRST Gold Plus – MYR2,808
- FIRST Platinum – MYR2,498
Overall, Celcom’s Galaxy S8 bundles and plans seem to be the most competitive, and delivers most value, compared to other telcos.
There’s of course upfront payment for both FIRST Gold Plus and FIRST Platinum, at MYR300 and MYR600 respectively. This amount will be rebated into your account on a monthly basis.
The 5.8-inch Galaxy S8 retails at MYR3,299 while the 6.2-inch Galaxy S8+ is priced at MYR3,699. Available in Midnight Black, Orchid Grey and Maple Gold.
The Galaxy S8 pre-order runs from 11 April till 13 April. The flagship device is set to hit stores nationwide on 5 May 2017.
All about the Galaxy S8:
- Pre-order for Samsung Galaxy S8 in Malaysia to start 11 April
- Samsung unpacks Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ – Infinity Display, bezel-less design
- New Samsung Gear 360 boasts 4K resolution, compatible with iOS devices
- Samsung DeX is Microsoft Continuum for Android
- Samsung Galaxy S8 pre-orders start tomorrow, prices from USD720
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 is unpacking tonight, here’s what to expect
Show Comments (15)
Comments are closed.