Virtual reality (VR) technology has improved by leaps and bounds over the years. However, if there’s one key thing missing is the tactility of the real world. With BeBop Sensors Forte Data Glove, you’ll be able to “touch” and “feel” textures and surfaces, as well as move objects in VR space, as you would in real life. And now it’s integrated for Oculus Quest, Oculus Link, Oculus Rift S, Microsoft Windows Mixed Reality, HTC Vive Cosmos, HTC Vive Pro, HTC Focus Plus, and Varjo VR headset technology.
Announced at CES 2020, it’s the first VR haptic glove and exclusively designed for these platforms as well as other Microsoft Windows Mixed Reality Headsets, including HP, Lenovo, Acer, Dell, and Samsung, through the integration of HP Reverb,
It’s also the first haptic VR glove to fully support Oculus Quest Link, which allows Oculus Quest to leverage the graphics capabilities and processing power of a VR-supported computer for higher end VR interactions.
The award-winning glove is the first affordable all-day wireless VR/AR haptic glove that provides a portable complete VR headset and data glove solution that requires almost no set-up; perfect for on-the-go VR enterprise training, maintenance and gaming.
The gloves provide touch feedback and will help you “feel” the virtual world most realistically—enhancing VR experiences for work and play. Targeted to enterprise and Location Based Entertainment (LBE) gaming markets, the Forte Data Glove is currently in use by Fortune 500 customers across applications such as VR enterprise training, VR medical trials/rehabilitation, robotics and drone control, VR CAD design and review, and gaming.
New features at a glance:
- Hand tracking ties natively into each system’s translation system.
- Top-of-the-line finger tracking supplied by Bebop Sensors’ fabric sensors.
- Unparalleled haptic feelings for hitting buttons, turning knobs, opening doors, etc. for touch sensations in VR/AR.
- All versions are available for purchase right away and price competitively.
- Comfortable, universal open palm design design fits most people.
- Cleanable, hygienic and breathable with waterproof sensors.
- Powerful haptics for an intuitive feel of different textures and surfaces.
- Long battery life for all day use.
- Fast sensor speeds at 160Hz with instantaneous response.
- 9 degree IMU (Inertial Measurement Units) provide extremely low drift and reliable pre-blended accelerometer and gyro sensor data.
- 6 haptic actuators are located on 4 fingertips, the thumb, and the palm.
- Up to 16 unique haptic sound files can be resident on the glove with new files rapidly uploaded over Bluetooth or USB.
The BeBop Sensors Forte Data Glove boasts superfast response time of under 6ms, and all-day battery life.
For the uninitiated, BeBop Sensors uses smart fabrics to create sensor solutions for OEMs. The sensors comprehend force, location, size, weight, bend, twist, and presence across any size, resolution, and geometry. The technology is robust and proven, currently with over four million in daily use across the globe.
BeBop Sensors will be at CES in Las Vegas, 7-10 January 2020, Booth #22032 LVCC South Hall.