This is really good. Published by Bill Palmer of iPodGarage, this pokes fun at the current fiasco between Real Networks and Apple, and obvious ramblings over the ‘opening’ of the iPod and iTunes. Check out the list of top ten Real reasons below:
10. Didn’t think that ten years of crappy versions of RealPlayer had generated enough badwill for the “RealNetworks” brand name.
9. Felt bad about Steve Jobs being in the hospital, wanted to cheer him up by giving him something to laugh about.
8. Took at a look at the value of all that RNWK stock he’s holding, realized he couldn’t afford 99 cents per song.
7. Pulled the whole stunt just to help launch the comeback of Devo.
6. Actually thought he was signing up for a free VIP Pass for the South Beach Party.
5. Figured why steal music, when you can just steal the whole iPod?
4. Secretly planning to launch iPod-padlock accessory, as pictured here.
3. It was all just a plot to get this “Real vs. Apple” logo created.
2. Really just wanted to see his name on the iPod Garage Front Page.
and the number one real reason Rob Glaser is going after Apple…
1. It’s a complex strategy (buffering…) that involved many hours of (buffering…) intense discussion regarding (buffering…) various aspects of (download has failed).