Social distancing continues amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, but that hasn’t stopped people from staying connected and keeping the festive spirit alive during Ramadhan and the upcoming Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebrations.
People continue to post, comment, and share on Facebook during the Ramadhan month. In fact, more than two million people talked about breaking fast in the holy month so far.
Malaysians also talked a lot about Aidilfitri preparations, with over one million Hari Raya-related posts and comments since the beginning of Ramadhan.
Being typical Malaysians, conversations revolved around food and beverages such as ketupat, rendang, bandung, soya cincau, kuih ros, and ayam percik.
That aside, many conversations were about fashion—from traditional Malay outfits like baju melayu to baju kurung for Hari Raya.
Despite the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) in force, hence restricted physical gatherings, much of the conversations were still about dressing up for the big occasion.
Facebook has also revealed the top 10 most popular Instagram and Facebook hashtags over the Ramadhan month:
- Honor sells 10,000 MagicBooks in 8 minutes
- Lenovo is official workstation partner of Aston Martin
- [Deals] Lazada 7.7 Mid-Year Super Sale: Up to 50% off Home and Living products
- [Deals] Lazada 7.7 Mid-Year Super Sale: 70% off Fashion and Beauty items
- Huawei nova 7 Malaysia: Pre-order on 7.7