There’s no denying that the holy fasting month of Ramadhan is different this year, with the ongoing Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) and the COVID-19 pandemic. Many will miss the Ramadhan bazaars and breaking fast sessions with family, friends, and loved ones.
And while the CMCO allows for eateries to open for dine-in, albeit adhering strictly to stipulated standard operating procedures (SOP), many have chosen not to do so to ensure the well-being of staff and customers.
On a positive note, food delivery, takeaway, and drive-thru services have boomed during the CMCO.
F&B outlets and even hotels are offering a plethora of mouth-watering offerings during the Ramadhan period for people to enjoy in the comfort of their own homes.
Thanks to Tourism Selangor, here is a list of participating hotels with Ramadhan promotions for you to savour:
- Concorde Hotel Shah Alam
- Best Western i-City Shah Alam
- Grand Bluewave Hotel Shah Alam
- De Palma Hotel Shah Alam
- Shah Alam Convention Centre (SACC)
- Premiere Klang Hotel
- Amverton Golf Cove, Resort
- Sheraton Petaling Jaya Hotel
- Armada Hotel Petaling Jaya
- Hilton Petaling Jaya
- Royale Chulan, The Curve Petaling Jaya
- Crystal Crown Hotel Petaling Jaya
- One World Hotel Petaling Jaya
- Eastin Hotel Petaling Jaya
- Ibis Styles Kuala Lumpur Sri Damansara
- De Palma Hotel, Ampang
- Mövenpick Hotel and Convention Centre KLIA
- Sama Sama Hotel KLIA
- Cyberview Resort & Spa
- Palm Garden Hotel IOI Resort
- Hotel Seri Malaysia Bagan Lalang
- Holiday Villa Hotel & Conference Centre Subang
- The Saujana Hotel
- Dorsett Grand Subang
- Empire Hotel Subang
- Sunway Resort Hotel
Many of your favourite eateries all over Selangor are also offering Ramadhan promotions for takeaway and delivery. Simply visit their respective websites, social media pages or supported food delivery platforms like Grab or FoodPanda to place your order.
- Restoran Aroma Hijrah – https://www.facebook.com/aroma.hijrah/
- Ombak Kitchen – https://www.facebook.com/ombakkitchen/
- Mohd Chan Shah Alam – https://mohdchan.com.my/delivery/
- Hayaki Shah Alam – Grab Food
- Homst Shah Alam – Grab Food
- Qasar Balqis Restaurant – https://www.facebook.com/qasarbalqisrestaurant/
- Sweetree – https://www.facebook.com/swtree.sweetree/
- Restoran Razma – https://www.facebook.com/suziscornerampang/
- Suzi’s Corner – https://www.facebook.com/suziscornerampang/
- Royal Hadramawt Ampang – https://www.facebook.com/suziscornerampang/
- Dragon Thai Restaurant – https://www.facebook.com/dragonthai.restaurant/
- Nong & Jimmy Thai – https://www.facebook.com/NongJimmyThaiBBQ/
- Kawd Ampang Waterfront – https://www.facebook.com/kawdofficial/
- The Hut – https://www.facebook.com/thehutcafe2017/
- The Sultani Flamingo Hotel – https://www.facebook.com/thesultani/
- T’Mor Place – https://www.facebook.com/TmorPlace/
- Big Eat Kitchen – https://www.facebook.com/bigeatrotijohn/
- Me’Nate Ampang – https://www.facebook.com/menatesteakhub/
- Restoran Nelayan Ampang – https://www.facebook.com/restorannelayanampang/
- Restoran Emak Engku – https://www.facebook.com/Restoran.emakengku/
- Restoran & Katering Selera Bonda – https://www.facebook.com/jomselerabonda/
- Block Café – https://www.instagram.com/p/B_why-Jjp1g/
- Zazi’s Kitchen – https://www.instagram.com/p/B_o94NxlZUd/
- Petite Shay’s Cafe & Cakes – https://www.instagram.com/p/B_wkJFNFuup/
- Upstairs Café SS12, Subang Jaya – https://www.instagram.com/p/B-8eWUNpAa8/
- Good Friends Café – https://www.instagram.com/goodfriendscafe/
- Jibril SS15 – https://www.instagram.com/p/B_UdMm8FMtn/
- Food by Fat Cat – https://www.instagram.com/p/B_w1x9Dpl4I/7
- Garage 51 – https://www.instagram.com/p/B_uKJ-hAnQR/
- Brot’z N.19 Lifestyle Café – https://www.instagram.com/p/B-6hEpCJjvA/
- New Chapter by The Owls Café – https://www.instagram.com/p/B_t3HNcpMSm/
- Meteora Café – https://www.instagram.com/p/B-ggYMIp4UA/
- Salam Noodles – https://www.instagram.com/p/B_vBAHkHtek/
- Glaze Eatery – https://www.instagram.com/p/B_WUFk4Jf75/
- Giggles & Geeks – https://www.instagram.com/p/B-HC47Tn8ra/
- Restoran Sebulek – https://www.instagram.com/p/B_cvLd4JOJh/
- Cendol Day Café – https://www.instagram.com/p/B_rdePzj_K-/
- Chubbies Café – https://www.instagram.com/p/B95yQiFJZCG/
- Din Tomyam – https://www.facebook.com/Dintomyamseafoods/
- Marissa Yong Tau Fu – https://www.facebook.com/606747082827108/
- Restoran Rahmat Tan – https://www.facebook.com/restoranrahmattanpulauindah/
- Al-Fateh Steamboat & Grill Kg. Jawa – https://www.facebook.com/restoranalfateh/
- Restoran KITAGI-Kambing Bakar – https://www.facebook.com/restorankitagi/
- Warung Lalapan – https://www.facebook.com/WarongLalapanSungaiBesar/
- Cendol Atok Sungai Besar – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cendol-atok-Sungai-besar/
- Lazat Station – https://www.facebook.com/lazatstationsgb/
- Nasi Arab A-Z – https://www.facebook.com/tempahnasiarab/
- Dapur Mama Food Service – https://www.dapurmamalot17.com/
- Katering Selera 7 – https://www.facebook.com/selera7/
- Morib Station – https://www.facebook.com/moribstationbanting/
- Restaurant Marimogo – https://www.facebook.com/marimogo.hq/
- Restaurant Barracuda – https://www.facebook.com/restoranbarracuda/
- Suka Sucre Bistro – https://www.facebook.com/sukasucrebistro/
- Burger Bakar Abang Burn – https://www.facebook.com/abangburn/
As mentioned, Ramadhan bazaars are a distinct part of the fasting month. We will miss the chaos and festive mood at the local bazaars, for sure. All is not lost as the state government has embarked on e-bazaars this year. The Menteri Besar Selangor Incorporated (MBI), in collaboration with Grab, has initiated an e-Kitchen Bazaar in various locations.
This e-kitchen concept is similar to Grab’s cloud kitchen concept introduced in countries across Southeast Asia. It allows for vendors to operate from a central kitchen, and users can have convenient access to different Ramadhan offerings right from the Grab app.
Grab e-Kitchen currently operates in Ampang, Bangi, Batu Caves, Damansara/TTDI, Klang, Petaling Jaya, Puchong, Semenyih, Sepang, Seri Kembangan, and Subang Jaya.
Another platform to help local businesses and customers is Platform Selangor, available from www.plats.com.my.
Enterprising Malaysians have also set up various Facebook groups to list down e-bazaars located around Selangor.
- Subang Jaya – https://www.facebook.com/groups/SJRamadhan/
- Kelana Jaya – https://www.facebook.com/groups/682700455605040/
- Puchong – https://www.facebook.com/groups/251517999340364/
- Bangi – https://www.facebook.com/groups/899549530474230/
- Ampang – https://www.facebook.com/groups/228480245190291/
- Shah Alam – https://www.facebook.com/groups/213001013346661/
- Sungai Buloh – https://www.facebook.com/groups/2944110872343769/
Tourism Selangor has an expansive, exhaustive updated list of eateries on its website.
Selamat Berbuka Puasa, and happy food hunting!
- Huawei Vision Smart Screen TV coming to Malaysia soon?
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Malaysia: Top of the class
- Take note, Yoodo upcoming system upgrade
- Garmin Fenix 6 trade-in promo: Up to MYR610 rebate
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip now only MYR3,999