OnePlus has rolled out OxygenOS 5.1.6 for the OnePlus 6, bringing several new features, bug fixes and enhancements. The OnePlus 6 is just a couple of weeks old, but the company has been actively pushing out updates for the device.
The biggest new feature that the update brings is in the software department. Portrait Mode is now available for the front-facing camera, a much-welcomed feature that puts it on par with some of the flagship and top tier devices. It now also has a preview for the Light Bokeh effect in Portrait Mode for the rear shooter.
Portrait Mode for the selfie camera is pretty good, I might add, although not a full-featured compared to the OnePlus’ cousins the OPPO R15 Pro or vivo X21, which also include HDR, AI-assisted enhancements and AR stickers.
A much-loved feature in the late-Cyanogen OS was the Battery Percentage Indicator that has been missing from OxygenOS. With the new OTA update, OnePlus has reintroduced the indicator, now with four different styles to display on the status bar.
Users have also been clamouring for the Scheduled Do Not Disturb mode, which has now been added.
Another big feature that’s made its way with the update is Smart Answer for Bluetooth, where incoming calls will be automatically answered when connecting to Bluetooth devices.
Other system level improvements include optimised power consumption, which may potentially mean better battery life, and improved system stability.
OnePlus says the update is being rolled out incrementally, so if you haven’t received the update yet, do be patient. It should get to you within the few days.
The full changelog for OxygenOS 5.1.6 is as below:
- Enable Idea VoLTE services in India
- Fixed stability issues for Dual Sim Cards
- Added Portrait Mode for the front camera
- Added preview for Light Bokeh effect in Portrait Mode of the rear camera
- Optimized call clarity
- Supported battery percentage in the status bar
- Improved ringtone volume and sound quality
- Now able to schedule Do Not Disturb(DND) mode
- Added Dual-4G network option in SIM & network settings
- Optimized power consumption and Improved system stability
- Added smart answer for Bluetooth – automatically answer incoming calls when connecting to Bluetooth devices
If you have feedback, and bugs you’d like to report on, you can do that in the forum: https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/
Read more about the OnePlus 6 here.