LG Electronics (“LG”) has announced the local availability of its latest audio system – the LG CM9730 mini Hi-Fi system, known as the X-Boom. The unique audio system is targeted at music lovers and for music mixing lovers, it can even double up as a DJ console.
Bosch Security Systems has introduced its latest range of digital sound systems and portable loudspeakers. Headlining the new products are the flexible PLENA matrix digital sound system and ZLX portable-powered loudspeakers.
PLENA Matrix System
PLENA, is a versatile, flexible and powerful matrix digital sound system that is tailored to a wide range of applications including conference halls, places of worship, retail outlets, hotels and fitness centres. It features wireless and voice-activated control across eight output zones.
Bosch showed the prowess and flexibility of the PLENA matrix system with a demo of its iOS-based app, that allows end user control of audio input/output in different zones. The mobile app offers maximum control over their audio setup through an attractive GUI and works over Apple’s AirPlay. An Android-version of the app is in the pipeline, although no specific dates or timeline were announced, when we enquired.
The heart and soul of the PLENA matrix system is the 8-channel DSP Matrix Processor that provides complete control over audio configurations and signal processing. The DSP processor of Power Amplifiers are packed with powerful features including a loudspeaker library that allows for easy tuning of Bosch/EV/Dynacord loudspeaker products.
The PLENA matrix system provides flexible system control between DSP and amplifier, allowing it transport up to four channels of audio with an Amp Link connection. Basic user controls like volume and source selection can be operated via a wall-mounted panel controller.
The PLENA matrix DSP mixer can also be integrated within a building management and control system, thanks to its built-in support for Ethernet.
ZLX Powered Loudspeakers
ZLX is a new range of portable powered loudspeakers by Bosch that include visual control and monitoring with presets, custom built 1000-W class D amplifier and Electro-Voice (EV) – engineered components for superior sound.
The compact and lightweight range of speakers provide power, performance and cost-savings, making it a suitable choice for small venues, DJs and solo musicians. Overall weight ranges from 15-17kgs. Made from durable polypropellane material composite, these speakers are highly durable and can be installed on a pole or stall monitor. Its unique hi/lo grip handles make them easy to move around.
The ZLX is a family of four models – ZLX-12 12″ passive (125db), ZLX-12P 12″-powered (126db), ZLX-15 15″ passive (126db) and ZLX-15P 15″-powered (127db) loudspeakers.
The ZLX range offers true plug-and-play and almost zero setup complexity, taking control of the audio source. It features a built-in DSP and LCD panel (located on the back).
The built-in DSP comes with presets for easy configuration.
The ZLX brand, originating from the US, is positioned at the entry-level mid market and is priced competitively from RM1,700.
ZLX is distributed by EV Distribution Sdn Bhd, while the higher end Dynacord brand is distributed by Sound, Lights and Audio Sdn Bhd.
DINION HD 720p60 Security Camera
Bosch also previewed and demo-ed the new DINION HD 720p60 security camera. The new camera features outstanding low-light performance and intelligent noise reduction that reduces bandwidth and storage requirements by up to 30%.
The camera supports multi-streaming, automatic motorised back focus adjustment and user defined Regions of Interest (ROI).
The camera’s video and IVA-based features can be accessed via web browser; Bosch Video Management System; Bosch Recording System; free-of-charge Bosch Video Client or iPad app. The Bosch Video Security iPad App fully utilises Dynamic Transcoding features and enables anywhere access to HD surveillance images, even over low-bandwidth connections.
Visit www.boschsecurity.asia for more details.
Jabra, a world-renowned hands-free communications device manufacturer, recently launched a new line of high performance corded and wireless stereo headphones in Malaysia, featuring Dolby Digital Plus. Jabra has extended its expertise in sound technology and award-winning design with the debut of the world’s first wireless Bluetooth headphones enhanced with Dolby Digital Plus, and corded headphones Jabra Revo and Jabra Vox.
I had the opportunity to review a sexy new pair of Jabra Revo Wireless, thanks to Jabra.
Our devices have come a long way from simple phones and computers to smartphones and tablets. Naturally, the accessories for our beloved devices had to evolve as well to keep up. And what accessory is more important to us than our beloved headphones?
Welcome to our very first official giveaway on vernonchan.com. We thought we’d reward you for all your patience and support all these while (especially with the ugly downtime we had the past week). This giveaway is sweepstakes style. So simple, it hurts. All you need to do is visit the Sennheiser giveaway page on Facebook, tweet us, enter with your email address or use the Giveaway box below. We’re accepting entries up to 12PM, June 19 2012.
[ad#Google Adsense 336×280]
If you think this is cool, we’re also gonna be giving away a pair of Sennheiser HD 439 Extended Bass Response Headphones worth RM300 soon! Good luck!
[spoiler title=”Read Official Rules”]
Vernonchan.com Facebook Fan Page Sweepstakes – Official Rules
NOTE: “This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Vernonchan.com and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administering and communicating with you about Vernonchan.com and the Vernonchan.com promotion you are participating in.”
1. ELIGIBILITY: Vernonchan.com Facebook Fan Page Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the Malaysia over the age of 18 with access to the Internet at all times during the Sweepstakes and subsequent prize-award period unless otherwise specified by Vernonchan.com. All employees of Vernonchan.com. (“Sponsor”), all associated agencies and each of their sales representatives, distributors, or agents (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at June 5, 2012, 9:23 a.m. and ends at June 19, 2012, 8 p.m. (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Winners will be selected from entries properly submitted and timely received during the Sweepstakes Period.
3. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: During the Sweepstakes Period, you may submit an entry form online. Limit One (1) Online Entry per person, per e-mail address, and per household during the Sweepstakes Period via Online Entry, regardless of whether a person has more than one address or more than one person uses the same address.
4. PUBLICITY: As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each entrant and each winner by accepting a prize grants to Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns and licensees, all right, title and interest in to publicize, broadcast, display and/or otherwise use the Sweepstakes entrant’s name, city, state, and biographical material (collectively, “Licensed Rights”) in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval of the winner. Where necessary, the Prize winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release within twenty four (24) hours of attempted notification or the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Prize winner must be available for promotional display and presentation between June 19, 2012, 8 p.m. to June 20, 2012, 8 p.m. or will forfeit prize to next winning entrant.
5. SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS/ODDS: The potential Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held after June 19, 2012, 8 p.m.. Winners will be selected from entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The potential winners will be notified via email to the email address submitted with the potential winner’s entry within twenty four (24) hours after the drawing. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, the judge of the Sweepstakes, whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected at random. Any return of prize notification or prize email as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of any prize and an alternate winner may, at Sponsor’s discretion, be randomly selected.
6. PRIZES: Sennheiser PX90 Headphones. Prize will be delivered after June 19, 2012, 8 p.m.. The Prize will be delivered to the winning entrant’s address or at the sole option and discretion of the contest sponsor to a recipient designated by the contest winner. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. All taxes and other charges are responsibility of the winner. No substitutions allowed. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included as part of any Prize package, and are solely the winner’s responsibility.
7. GENERAL RULES: By entering or participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the selection or notification of winners. Further, if, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons outside the control of the Sponsor which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or portion thereof). Sponsor also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the Entry of any individual found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website operated by the Sweepstakes Entities; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; (c) violating these Official Rules or the terms of service, conditions of use, and/or general rules of any Sponsor property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Sweepstakes information.
8. PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to release and hold Vernonchan.com and affiliates harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, actions and liabilities of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or redemption of the prize. The winner assumes all liability for any injury, death, or damage caused, or allegedly caused, by participating in the Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize.
10. SPONSOR: Vernonchan.com
For audiophiles, Alpine is no stranger to the audio scene, being renowned in the car audio and speaker market. Its foray into the mobile Bluetooth devices market is represented solely by the Alpine DCS-BT1 Bluetooth handsfree speaker unit. I received a review unit courtesy of Rebecca Saw aka @wackybecky. Before we head on to the review proper, let’s look at some studies on mobile use while driving.