The COVID-19 pandemic has truly turned the world on its head. Amidst various levels of lockdowns, social distancing and travel restrictions, the travel and tourism industry has been severely hit. That hasn’t stifled our desire to travel or connect, though. Well, Klook aims to keep our fire for wanderlust and discovering new experiences with a new venture—Klook Home.
Since you can’t physically visit a destination, Klook is bringing travel experiences to you. Klook’s newly-introduced Virtual Interactive Experiences (VIE), takes you across continents for exclusive interactive tours—from getting cosy with Komodo dragons at Bali Safari, Indonesia, or even popular filming locations such as the Old Royal Navy College in Greenwich, London.
Just as in real travel, these VIE sessions are not “one-way” and passive. All sessions are hosted live and you will be able to speak directly with expert guides or animal handlers from attractions all around the world. You can even participate with a bunch of friends. No travel experience is complete without people who matter.
Here are some of the upcoming VIE tours taking place on Klook Malaysia’s Facebook Page in June.
- 6 June (Sat): Get cosy with baby Komodo dragons from Bali Safari, Indonesia
- 13 June (Sat): Familiarise yourself with assorted wines at a wine tasting session with Tower Tours, California
- 20 June (Sat): Explore the tropical Cebu Safari in the Philippines
- 27 June (Sat): Visit the “most popular filming location in the world” Old Royal Navy College in London, United Kingdom
VIE sessions are absolutely free of charge and new sessions are added every week starting 6 June 2020.
Master new skills with DIY Home Kits
The Movement Control Order (MCO) and social distancing have made us stay at home more. Therefore, this gives us plenty of opportunities to spend quality time with family and to learn something new, like cooking a new dish or gain a new skill.
These DIY home kits come with all the materials you need, delivered to your home address. Some experiences such as pouch sewing and flower arrangement come with expert tutelage via online classes to guide you along.
Staying fit, pampered, active
Lastly, Klook also offers a series of virtual home workouts such as taekwondo and yoga classes to help you stay active and fit.
How to book/participate
Head over to the Klook website or mobile app (Google Play | App Store) and click on the Klook HOME banner to discover and book experiences. All bookings are done digitally with cashless payment options for added convenience. You’ll receive paperless e-vouchers after your purchase is confirmed. These are accessible via your Klook account or your registered email address.
For more information, visit Klook.
- Huawei Vision Smart Screen TV coming to Malaysia soon?
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Malaysia: Top of the class
- Take note, Yoodo upcoming system upgrade
- Garmin Fenix 6 trade-in promo: Up to MYR610 rebate
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip now only MYR3,999