Castrol EDGE EURO predictor

Castrol EDGE Updates Castrol EDGE Calculator for UEFA EURO 2012

Involve ad

Castrol EDGE EURO predictor

With less than 100 days until UEFA EURO 2012 kicks off, official tournament sponsor, Castrol EDGE has updated its Castrol EDGE Calculator app which will help fans predict which nations will qualify in the demanding group stages, and later the nail-biting knockout stages. According to the calculator, Spain and Netherlands will meet in the finals.

[ad#Google Adsense 336×280]

The innovative app was first launched for the 2010 FIFA World Cup which accurately predicted nearly 70% of teams’ progression. Step aside, Paul the Octopus. It was created by the same team of Castrol EDGE Performance Analysts behind Castro EDGE Rankings. The system simulates the tournament over 100,000 times, calculating attack and defence ratings of each nation.

Asus 336x280 ad

Some interesting predictions the the Castrol EDGE Calculator has revealed so far:

  • France and Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal are shock tips to exit the tournament at the group stage
  • England, who are currently without a manager, are predicted to make it to the Semi-Finals of the tournament but will lose to the Netherlands
  • Germany, Spain and the Netherlands each have a 70% or higher chance of winning their Quarter-Final matches and reaching the final four
  • The Netherlands will top Group B, the group of death, and will make their way to the Final, knocking out the Czech Republic and England on the way

Find the Castrol EDGE Calculator at castroledge.com/euro2012, where it will be updated after each UEFA EURO 2012 match.

[spoiler title=”Read Official Press Release for full details”]

Involve ad

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CASTROL EDGE MAPS OUT SPAIN AND NETHERLANDS’ ROUTE TO THE UEFA EURO 2012™ FINAL

CASTROL EDGE CALCULATOR REVEALS ENGLAND AND GERMANY TO BOW OUT AT THE SEMI-FINAL STAGE

5 March 2012, KUALA LUMPUR: On the back of the international friendlies and with less than 100 days until UEFA EURO 2012(tm) kicks-off, official tournament sponsor Castrol EDGE has updated the Castrol EDGE Calculator so fans can now see in detail how the tournament is likely to pan out.

By analysing past team performances, the Castrol EDGE Calculator will help fans plan which stadiums they’ll be visiting by predicting which nations will have the strength and determination to make it through the demanding group stages, before testing their mental strength as the competition enters the knockout stages when nerve-wracking penalty shoot-outs could come into play. Fans will also be able to see which rivals they’ll be up against if they make it through to the knockout stages and their chance of success in these matches.

The Castrol EDGE Calculator reveals:

Involve ad

·      Spain and the Netherlands, are favourites to go head-to-head in the UEFA EURO 2012™ Final in a closely fought match that the Spaniards are likely to edge with a 53% chance of victory

  • France and Cristiano Ronaldo’s Portugal are shock tips to exit the tournament at the group stage
  • England, who are currently without a manager, are predicted to make it to the Semi-Finals of the tournament but will lose to the Netherlands
  • In the other Semi-Final Spain have a 57% chance of defeating Germany to make it to the Final in Kiev
  • Germany, Spain and the Netherlands each have a 70% or higher chance of winning their Quarter-Final matches and reaching the final four
  • The most closely fought Quarter-Final is likely to see Italy (42% chance of victory) succumb to England (58%)
  • The Netherlands will top Group B, the group of death, and will make their way to the Final, knocking out the Czech Republic and England on the way
  • Both host nations – Poland and Ukraine – will battle their way through the tough group stages but will not make it past the Quarter-Finals

First launched for the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ where it accurately predicted nearly 70% of teams’ progression, Castrol EDGE has applied the same expertise they apply to the development of their strongest ever oil to create the Castrol EDGE Calculator – using the latest technology and data analysis techniques to identify which nations have the strongest chance of success at UEFA EURO 2012™. 

Created by the same team of Castrol EDGE Performance Analysts behind the Castrol EDGE Rankings, they calculate the attack and defence ratings of each nation. Then by simulating the tournament over 100,000 times, and taking into account the draw groupings, the Calculator can predict how successful nations will be in their groups, whether or not they’ll progress to the knock out stages, and ultimately each nation’s chance of winning the tournament.

Involve ad

Fans can find the Castrol EDGE Calculator at castroledge.com/euro2012, where it will be updated after each UEFA EURO 2012™ match so they can see the impact of every result on their nation’s chances.

Castrol EDGE Global Marketing Manager, Sean Rahaley, says: “Every nation has someone that they hope to avoid, or indeed face, in the heat of a tournament and now fans and managers can see whether those rivalries are likely to occur in UEFA Euro 2012™. Hopefully, the Castrol EDGE Calculator will provide fans with an accurate insight into which teams will have the strength to go all the way and can help fans start to plan their journeys around Poland and Ukraine this summer.”

[/spoiler]

READ ALSO  ESPN Grandstand: 1,500 Roaring Fans Watch Man U beat Liverpool
  • Show Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

comment *

  • name *

  • email *

  • website *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.