Today, prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin announced that the disbursement of Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) cash relief will be fast-tracked, answering the plight of the B40 and M40 groups amidst the COVID-19 and Movement Control Order (MCO). Cash disbursements will start this coming Monday, 6 April 2020.
The BPN cash relief was initially scheduled to be distributed in two phases—the end of April and the end of May. The first phase of payment has now been fast-tracked to 6 April, at a total sum of MYR5.63 billion.
BPN is one of the cash relief initiatives as part of the government’s MYR250 billion “Prihatin Rakyat” Economic Stimulus Package announced last week.
BPN cash relief breakdown
- Household income of MYR4,000 and below (B40) – MYR1,600 (MYR1,000 + MYR600)
- Household income of MYR4,001 to MYR8,000 – MYR1,000 (MYR500 + MYR500)
- Individual (single) income of MYR2,000 and below (B40) – MYR800 (MYR500 + MYR300)
- Individual (single) income of MYR2,001 to MYR4,000 (B40) – MYR500 (MYR250 + MYR250)
New payment schedule
The B40 category will be receiving the first portion of BPN between 6 to 12 April 2020. This covers households with a monthly income of MYR4,000 and below, as well as single adults with a monthly income of MYR2,000 and below.
Meanwhile, for the M40, the first disbursement will happen between 13 and 15 April 2020. This includes households with a monthly income between MYR4,001 and MYR8,000, as well as single adults with a monthly income of MYR2,001 and MYR4,000.
Cash is credit directly to bank accounts registered under the Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH) and Inland Revenue Board (IRB/LHDNM).
How to check for eligibility
Since 1 April, the IRB has sent out emails or SMS to notify Malaysians if they are eligible for BPN. If you haven’t, you can check if you qualify for the scheme at the IRB portal, Bantuan Sara Hidup and Ministry of Finance websites.
If you are in the B40 group but have never registered for BSH or if you’ve never registered for income tax with IRB, you can also apply starting 1 April 2020, via the IRB website.
For new applications who are approved, a one-off payment will be made in May.
For more information, you can reach the Ministry of Finance at:
- B40/BSH – 03-88824565, 03-8824566 | BSH Hotline LHDNM: 1-800-88-2747 (BSH) | email email@example.com
- Hotline – 03-88829089, 03-88829087, 03-88829191
- email firstname.lastname@example.org | Telegram: Pre Prihatin | Facebook
Here is how to check your BPN status.
If you have more questions, you can refer to the official FAQ.
- Realme X3 SuperZoom Malaysia: Pricing and availability details
- Honor Magic Earbuds pack ANC for under MYR400
- Honor 9X Lite plays nice with Google and your wallet
- B40 households, PWD (OKU) must register by 31 May for free myFreeview decoders
- Blizzard cancels BlizzCon 2020