AMD has launched the AMD FirePro W9100 professional graphics card, designed for next generation 4K workstations accelerated by OpenCL. The FirePro W9100 delivers outstanding GPU compute power with up to 2.62 TFLOPS, and 4K ultra-high resolution multi-display capabilities, perfect for video, design and engineering professionals.
AMD FirePro W9100 comes with 16GB of GDDR5 memory, an industry first, enabling workstations to multi-task across up to six 4K displays and create multiple effects to 4K video projects all in real-time.
The new workstation-class flagship card is powered by AMD’s latest Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture.
Dell also offers the blazing fast FirePro W9100 in its Dell Precision line of workstations.
Adobe, a close partner of AMD, has been equally impressed with the new card, putting it through its paces with Adobe Premiere CC in their lab.
Specs at a glance:
- 2.62 TFLOPS of peak double-precision GPU compute performance
- 5.25 TFLOP of peak single-precision GPU compute performance
- 16GB GDDR5 memory: 512-bit, 320GB/s memory bandwidth
- Multi-GPU support: combine up to four AMD FirePro W9100 cards
- 4K resolution: with six Mini DisplayPort 1.2 outputs
- OpenCL 2.0 support
Full specifications at the official AMD FirePro W9100 page.
The AMD FirePro Ultra Workstation features:
- Multi-GPU support based on new AMD FirePro W9100
- OpenCL 2.0 ready
- Multi-display support for 4K and beyond
Pricing and availability
AMD FirePro W9100 is available this spring from AMD’s global distribution partner SAPPHIRE Technology, AMD FirePro Ultra Workstation providers, and in HP Z820 and HP Z620 Workstations for customer or channel integration.