Following the announcement of the “Prihatin Rakyat” Economic Stimulus Package by prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin on Friday, U Mobile will be providing free daily 1GB of high-speed data to all its customers starting 1 April 2020.
The free data package is part of a collective relief initiative between the government and the local telcos—a MYR1 billion investment that includes the upgrade of network infrastructure in Q2 2020.
U Mobile’s postpaid, prepaid and broadband customers will receive 1GB of high-speed data on a daily basis starting 1 April until the end of the Movement Control Order (MCO). This data is available for use from 8AM-6PM daily. Note that WeChat users are not eligible.
The data quota is refreshed daily and can be used domestically for all usages including web surfing, video streaming, messaging, tethering, and other services. This data will be used first, once this is depleted, data will be subsequently taken from the subscriber’s data plan.
How to opt in
Strangely, users will need to do a one-time “opt-in.” You can do this via UMB:
- Prepaid: Dial *118*6# and then select Special Offer
- Postpaid: Dial *118*7# and then select Special Offer
Announced previously, U Mobile subscribers of select prepaid and postpaid plans also enjoy double the hotspot data via The Hottest Spot campaign. U Mobile customers also get free calls to the national and state-level Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre hotlines.
The MCO was recently extended to 14 April 2020, originally scheduled to end on 31 March 2020.
For more information, visit https://www.u.com.my/support/selfhelp/faqs/64/5458
- 2020 Lenovo Legion portfolio strikes with a Coldfront
- Poco F2 Pro Malaysia: Pricing, availability of the latest flagship killer
- Realme X3 SuperZoom Malaysia: Pricing and availability details
- Honor Magic Earbuds pack ANC for under MYR400
- Honor 9X Lite plays nice with Google and your wallet
Show Comments (9)
Comments are closed.