Answering this plight, Touch ‘n Go eWallet is enabling non-profit organisations and NGOs such as Kechara Soup Kitchen, Tzu Chi Buddhist Foundation, and Yayasan Generasi Gemilang to receive public donations digitally. This way, the public can easily and conveniently channel financial aid to local NGOs, so they, in turn, can better serve the needs of the homeless, vulnerable, and low income.
Donating to NGOs is as simple as scanning a QR code. This of course, isn’t a new thing for Touch ‘n Go eWallet, who launched Jom Infak at mosques in 2018. The move saw an increase in donations due to the ease and convenience of donating anytime, anywhere.
Ignatius Ong, CEO of TNG Digital Sdn Bhd exclaimed, “This situation is a challenging time for us all – especially for our brave heroes made up of health care and public service workers who are selflessly working around the clock during this COVID-19 pandemic. We want to do our part in supporting efforts through our user base of over 10million by advocating a digital, cashless manner in which financial aid can be given, not just as an immediate response to COVID-19 but as a long-term solution. In fact, we urge NGOs who have been relying on traditional methods of receiving donations, to get in touch with us so that we can assist in providing a safe, seamless and quicker avenue through our eWallet.”
With the MCO in effect, users can continue to donate to causes by simply scanning QR codes found on the Touch ‘n Go eWallet Facebook page, or save the QR code in the mobile phone gallery. These QR codes can easily be shared to friends and family who may want to support these NGOs as well.
Seeing that there are many NGOs requiring aid during this challenging time, Touch ‘n Go eWallet has created a dedicated webpage as well as in-app and on its social media platforms in support of these NGOs.
How to make a contribution
- Visit the Touch ‘n Go eWallet’s Facebook page for the list of QR codes from the NGO partners. Scan and donate directly if you are using a laptop.
- From your mobile, save the QR code images on your phone (or take a screenshot).
- Open the Touch ‘n Go eWallet app.
- Tap on the “Scan” function in your Touch ‘n Go eWallet
- Tap on “Scan from Gallery”
- Select the QR code
- Key in the amount you wish to donate
Here are a few you can start with
List of Touch ‘n Go eWallet partners:
- BUDDHIST TZU-CHI MERITS SOCIETY MALAYSIA
- KECHARA SOUP KITCHEN
- MAKE A WISH MALAYSIA
- MALAYSIAN AIDS FOUNDATION (MAF)
- MALAYSIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND (MAB)
- MALAYSIAN RED CRESCENT SOCIETY
- PERSATUAN BUDDHIST USM
- PERSATUAN PENGANUT AGAMA BUDDHA KADHAMPA JOHOR JAY
- PERSATUAN PERSAUDARAAN KRISTIAN RUMAH CHARIS
- PINTAR FOUNDATION
- ROTARY CLUB BP/HAEMODIALYSIS/CHARITY FDN
- THE NATIONAL KIDNEY FOUNDATION OF MALAYSIA (NKF)
- YAYASAN AL-QUDS MALAYSIA
- YAYASAN AR-RI’AYAH
- YAYASAN BELIA BUDDHIST MALAYSIA
- YAYASAN CHOW KIT
- YAYASAN GENERASI GEMILANG
- YAYASAN IKHLAS
- YAYASAN PEKERJA MALAYSIA
- YAYASAN PERINTIS MALAYSIA
- YAYASAN TAIWAN BUDDHIST TZU-CHI MALAYSIA
- YAYASAN WAKAF BUKU