Team Fuschia has finally broken silence. After watching Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Maxis roll-out new faster, cheaper fibre broadband plans from the sidelines, TIME has regained consciousness. Existing TIME subscribers have reported that they’ve quietly received speedbumps of up to five times previous speeds.
Subscribers on the 100Mbps plan have seen their connection speeds bumped up to 500Mbps, while customers on 300Mbps are now enjoying up to 800Mbps.
Likewise, customers currently on the top-rung 500Mbps plan are now getting up to 1Gbps.
This makes TIME officially not only the fastest fibre home broadband offering in the country, but also the cheapest. For now.
In summary, here’s what TIME offers:
- 100Mbps (MYR149/month) – 500Mbps
- 300Mbps (MYR189/month) – 800Mbps
- 500Mbps (MYR299/month) – 1Gbps
In comparison, here’s TM unifi Turbo plans:
- 10Mbps (MYR129/month) – 100Mbps
- 30Mbps (MYR179/month) – 300Mbps
- 50Mbps (MYR249/month) – 500Mbps
- 100Mbps (MYR329/month) – 800Mbps
There are a couple of things to note. TIME runs on a 100 percent fibre optic network. This means TIME will have less of a challenge to upgrade its existing customers compared to TM. As you know, TM uses a mix of fibre and copper-based VDSL for certain locations (specifically high-rise buildings).
Due to limitations of VDSL, speeds for some unifi customers are capped at 30Mbps.
While it offers ultimate raw speeds, TIME’s challenge has always been accessibility and coverage. Mostly concentrated at high-density condominiums and apartments, coverage is sparse compared to the likes of TM and Maxis.
TIME will need to double up on coverage by both investing in building more infrastructure as well as partnering with providers with existing infrastructure like TM and Maxis.
As they say, all you need is time (and some money).
Are you a TIME customer? Have you received your upgrades? If you’re currently on unifi (god save you if you’re on Streamyx) or Maxis, is this enough to make you consider to switch?
- Huawei Vision Smart Screen TV coming to Malaysia soon?
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Malaysia: Top of the class
- Take note, Yoodo upcoming system upgrade
- Garmin Fenix 6 trade-in promo: Up to MYR610 rebate
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip now only MYR3,999