Confused about which Galaxy device(s) to buy? Are you looking for the best Samsung technologies? Do you want long battery life? A big screen? A tablet for work and play? A pair of wireless earbuds? Check out the list below to help with your decision.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 series is officially in Malaysia, headlined by the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G that brings not only spectacular camera features but also next-generation connectivity with 5G. The flagship 5G device alongside the equally impressive Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 4G devices are available on Maxis Zerolution with zero upfront payment, no credit card required and at zero interest rate.
It’s a fact that Malaysians love to queue up for things. Is it our love for sweet deals and free things? Is it because we love the communal togetherness with likeminded people? Whatever the reason, Malaysians have proven to be willing to do what it takes to get what they want. Whether it’s K-pop concert tickets, buy-1-free-1 boba tea, cheap-AF-fried chicken…and smartphones. COVID-19? What’s COVID-19?
Following the global Unpacked in San Francisco, the Galaxy S20 series officially makes its way to Malaysia. While the pre-order books are still open until 1 March 2020, Samsung Malaysia has announced the nationwide roadshow as well as goodies buyers will take home with a purchase of a Galaxy S20 device.
Fresh off the Samsung Unpacked event in San Francisco, it has taken no time at all for the new Galaxy S20 flagship series to reach Malaysian shores. Samsung Malaysia is currently running pre-orders for the device, while retailers like Senheng and telcos such as Digi have jumped onboard to offer affordable ownership plans. Celcom, one of the “Big Three,” is offering the Galaxy S20 from as low as MYR249 per month under its EasyPhone device ownership programme. Read on for details.
Samsung’s sizzling hot flagship series—the Galaxy S20 was unveiled earlier today and as usual, the brand wasted no time to announce pricing and availability details for the Malaysian market. The great news is that you can pre-order the Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra 5G starting from today, at 5.00PM.
Official Malaysian Galaxy S20 pricing and availability
The official Malaysian retail pricing of the new flagship series is as below:
- Galaxy S20 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – MYR3,599
- Galaxy S20+ 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – MYR3,999
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G 12GB RAM + 128GB storage – MYR4,999
If you’ve noticed, this is a streamlined line-up lacking bigger storage options of overseas counterparts.
Pre-order is available from 5PM today, 12 February 2020 until
26 February 2020. 1 March 2020.
You can pre-order from Samsung’s online store as well as various authorised partners including Maxis, Celcom, Digi, U Mobile, SenQ, Senheng, Harvey Norman, as well as Samsung official online stores at Lazada and Shopee.
As part of the pre-order promo, you will receive a pair of free Galaxy Buds+ (worth MYR599) for free when you purchase the Galaxy S20+ and S20 Ultra 5G.
The new flagship trio feature brand-new Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O displays, ranging from 6.2-inches to 6.7-inches. The new displays feature a high refresh rate of 120Hz.
Under the hood, the Galaxy S20 is powered by the Exynos 990 processor with up to 12GB RAM and 128GB of onboard storage.
All three pack large battery cells starting from 4,000mAh for the S20, 4,500mAh for the S20+ and finally a 5,000mAh cell for the S20 Ultra.
The new phone series pack brand new cameras, here’s how they stack up:
- Galaxy S20: 12MP f/2.2 (120-degrees) ultra-wide camera + 12MP f/1.8 wide-angle camera with Super Speed Dual Pixel AF and OIS + 64MP f/2.0 telephoto camera with PDAF and OIS; front camera: 10MP f/2.2 (80-degrees) with Dual Pixel AF.
- Galaxy S20+: 12MP f/2.2 (120-degrees) ultra-wide camera + 12MP f/1.8 wide-angle camera with Super Speed Dual Pixel AF and OIS + 64MP f/2.0 telephoto camera with PDAF and OIS + Depth Vision Camera; Front camera: 10MP f/2.2 (80-degrees) with Dual Pixel AF.
- Galaxy S20 Ultra: 12MP f/2.2 (120-degrees) ultra-wide camera + 108MP f/1.8 wide-angle camera with PDAF and OIS + 48MP f/3.5 telephoto camera with PDAF and OIS + Depth Vision Camera; Front camera: 40MP f/2.2 with PDAF.
For more details on features and specs, read this announcement post.
- Huawei Vision Smart Screen TV coming to Malaysia soon?
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Malaysia: Top of the class
- Take note, Yoodo upcoming system upgrade
- Garmin Fenix 6 trade-in promo: Up to MYR610 rebate
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip now only MYR3,999
It’s likely no longer a surprise for you, thanks to the plethora of leaks leading up to Samsung’s first big launch of the year. But yes, here it is. The South Korean smartphone leader’s most important product line—the flagship Galaxy S20 series. The key narrative is going to be defined by two things—5G connectivity and an AI-assisted pro-grade camera.