The extended Galaxy S20 series pre-order period officially came to an end on 1 March. Following that, Samsung Malaysia has started shipping out orders today, ahead of the nationwide roadshow starting on 6 March.
As you may know, pre-order customers receive a pair of Galaxy Buds+ worth MYR499 for free. And for customers who buy during the three-day nationwide roadshow, they will take home a Samsung Wireless Charger Pad and 128GB microSD card worth a total of MYR378. Additionally, for early birds, they also stand to get a Samsung 50-inch UHDTV worth MYR2,599 (available in limited units). Lastly, they can trade-in any old camera and receive MYR400 instant rebate on the purchase of a Galaxy S20 series smartphone.
You may think, wait a minute, buyers at the roadshow seem to be getting better perks than pre-order buyers?
Ah, this is where Samsung Malaysia has sprung a little surprise. As one of the pre-order buyers discovered (a friend of mine, Gary Lee, who bought the Galaxy S20+ Cloud Blue), he also received a free Samsung Wireless Charger Pad together with the Galaxy Buds+.
Samsung did not publicise this little extra perk it was giving for free to its pre-order customers.
The (super) early bird catches the worm?
In any case, if you missed the pre-order and are interested to pick up the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+ or Galaxy S20 Ultra, head over to the roadshow running from 6-8 March at these locations:
- Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur – 10.00AM-10.00PM
- Queensbay Mall, Penang – 10.00AM-10.30PM
- Mid Valley Southkey, Johor Bahru, Johor – 10.00AM-10.00PM
- East Coast Mall, Kuantan, Pahang – 10.00AM-10.00PM
- IMAGO Shopping Mall, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah – 10.00AM-10.00PM
For more information, read this previous post and also the Galaxy S20 roadshow page.
Pricing and colour options
- Galaxy S20: Cosmic Gray, Cloud Blue, Cloud Pink – MYR3,599
- Galaxy S20+: Cosmic Gray, Cloud Blue, Cosmic Black – MYR3,999
- Galaxy S20 Ultra: Cosmic Gray, Cosmic Black – MYR4,999
For more about the Galaxy S20’s features and specs, read this announcement post.
Photos by Gary Lee