Samsung has come up tops at the annual Global Mobile Awards at the 2016 Mobile World Congress (MWC). The GSMA recognized Samsung for leading mobile innovation, pushing the boundaries of hardware, software and services.
The flagship Gear S2 smartwatch picked up the “Best Connected Consumer Electronic Device” award in the Best Mobile Handsets & Devices category. It was recognized for its versatile circular design and full-featured functionality. Running Tizen OS, the Gear S2 comes in two variants – Gear S2 classic and Gear S2 Sport – alongside a plethora of bands and accessories.
The stunning Samsung Galaxy S6 edge, on the other hand, took the “Best Smartphone 2015” award. No surprises here as it was clearly one of the most interesting, and unique devices of the year. My choice is still the Galaxy S6 edge plus, though. The Galaxy S6 edge marks a significant departure in both design and build quality on Samsung’s flagship devices – fusing glass and metal into a beautiful package.
The Galaxy S6 edge also pushes the boundaries in performance with octa-core SoC, massive RAM, cutting-edge display, wireless rapid charging and more. The 16MP camera, is the best camera on a smartphone, superceded only by the new Samsung Galaxy S7.
For more stuff on MWC, visit http://vernonchan.com/tag/mwc2016/
Learn more about the Galaxy S7 edge here:
- [MWC2016] Samsung sets the bar sky high with the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge
- Samsung Galaxy S7 hands-on: The best Android smartphone gets better
- 7 reasons why the Samsung Galaxy S7 should be your next smartphone
- 20% off with Samsung Galaxy S7 edge pre-order on 7 March 2016
- Galaxy S7 edge pre-orders sell out, Samsung extends to 2,000 more
- Pre-order the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge with Maxis and get a free Gear S2 Classic
- Lee Kwang Soo has lost his edge. Can you help him find it?
- Buy the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from U Mobile and get a free Gear VR
- Lee Kwang Soo puts fans at the edge of frenzy at Samsung Galaxy S7 edge launch in Malaysia
- Samsung introduces Galaxy Butler Service