Mi Malaysia has slashed RM50 off the Redmi 2 (previously RM449), now retailing at RM399. The new price of Mi’s entry-level smartphone is effective immediately.
The Redmi 2 is Xiaomi‘s first smartphone to use a 64-bit processor, and first to suppot 4G dual-SIM. It is much enhanced and improved from its predecessor the Redmi 1S. Thinner, lighter and packed with quality specifications, the Redmi 2 went on sale in March this year, and quickly grew in popularity amongst Malaysians.
Key specifications include:
- Quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 410 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB Flash (expandable to 32GB)
- 4G Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4.7-inch 1280 x 720 HD screen (312 PPI)
- 8MP BSI f/2.2 rear camera / 2MP BSI front camera with 720p video recording
- 2200mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 1.0
As part of the “Jom Raya Dengan Mi” event, users who pay for the Redmi 2 with PayPal will get a further RM50, for a limited period only.
Xiaomi recently announced that it sold 34.7 million phones in the first half of 2015, retaining its #1 smartphone vendor position in China.