Carousell, one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing classifieds platforms has joined forces with the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) to launch #TetapBuka Carousell Business Grants worth MYR1,000,000. The new initiative is to support retailers and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) affected by the ongoing Movement Control Order (MCO) amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The MCO is affecting the livelihood of many Malaysians and businesses, burdened with overheads and other costs. The #TetapBuka Carousell Business Grants hope to help sustain local businesses of all sizes, as well as provide strategic support and resources to help them reach customers while reducing costs where possible, explained Tang Siew Wai, country head of Carousell Malaysia.
“The COVID-19 pandemic is fast-tracking the digital transformation and bringing mass digital adoption in businesses, and it is our ongoing mission to empower these Malaysian businesses to be digitally-powered business and succeed in the digital economy,” said Surina Shukri, chief executive officer of MDEC.
“Carousell’s support is timely and it is an encouraging initiative for Malaysian SMEs that needs a helping hand during these challenging times. We are extremely proud to be partnering with Carousell and to continually support such a worthy cause.”
#TetapBuka Carousell Business Grants will provide the following benefits to local retailers and SMEs:
- Free access to CarouBiz lite package (worth MYR500) with 5,000 coins that can be used to give listings more visibility
- Safe and secure digital payment via Carousell Protection (Zero fee for sellers)
- Opportunity for their business to be advertised in the main page of Carousell app and website.
Requirements & eligibility
The grants are open to all local retailers and SMEs registered with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia, SSM) who are not presently advertising on Carousell. Businesses must have a retail presence with a valid address and not selling any illegal or prohibited items. Interested parties may apply online here.
- Realme X3 SuperZoom Malaysia: Pricing and availability details
- Honor Magic Earbuds pack ANC for under MYR400
- Honor 9X Lite plays nice with Google and your wallet
- B40 households, PWD (OKU) must register by 31 May for free myFreeview decoders
- Blizzard cancels BlizzCon 2020
Show Comments (0)