Released yesterday, noted improvements and changes are:
– network volumes are now available in the Finder sidebar and Desktop for convenient access
– improved file sharing and directory services for Mac (AFP), UNIX (NFS) PC (SMB/CIFS), PPTP, and wireless networks
– improved support for NTFS formatted volumes
– improved reliability of user logins, mounting of home directories in a networked environment, and launch of network applications
– improved PostScript and USB printing
– improved font management
– improved disc burning and recording functionality
– improved Bluetooth compatibility for Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and Bluetooth phones.
– iPods connected via USB 2.0 are now recognized by iTunes and iSync
– improved Open GL technology and updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
– updated Address Book, Calculator, Disk Utility, DVD Player, Image Capture, Mail, Safari, Stickies, and QuickTime applications
– improved compatibility for third party applications
– additional support for FireWire and USB devices
– FileVault, FireWire 800 and WebDAV improvements from Update 10.3.1
– previous standalone security updates and Bluetooth Update 1.5.1
Apple has identified an issue with external FireWire hard drives using the Oxford 922 bridge chip-set with firmware version 1.02 that can result in the loss of data stored on the disk drive. Even with the improvements available in this update, Apple recommends you update the firmware on your FireWire drive. Please contact your drive manufacturer for more information.
The update is available via Software Update, or you can download the 92MB standalone update (which I usually recommend for bigger updates like this).
Updated life so far…
Initially, all was good. No notable difference. No crashes. No new bugs. But later in the day I got some puzzling display anomalies never before seen on my G5 or my Sony 21″ CRT. Horizontal lines appeared intermittently, flashing on and off randomly on screen. Restarted the comp to see if that helped. Nope. Still there. Could be the updated display drivers which came with the combo update. Or could it be the display finally giving way?
Dunno. But today it has behaved. However, I feel the G5 is sluggish. Some tasks lag especially in Photoshop. Switching apps too. I’ll do an update_prebinding to see if that helps.
- Huawei Vision Smart Screen TV coming to Malaysia soon?
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Malaysia: Top of the class
- Take note, Yoodo upcoming system upgrade
- Garmin Fenix 6 trade-in promo: Up to MYR610 rebate
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip now only MYR3,999