Apple has released iOS 11.2, bringing fixes to some well-documented bugs including the 2 December date bug and Calculator bug. The big point update also includes Apple Pay Cash, support for faster wireless charging, improves video camera stabilisation, and minor UI tweaks amongst others.
You can download iOS 11.2 now for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. The 420MB is free to download now. Go to Settings > Software Update to install it.
Apple has been actively quashing bugs since the roll out of iOS 11 in September.
One of the highest profile iOS 11 bugs is the 2 December date bug which was causing iPhones to crash consistently if apps using local notifications were installed.
The other bug included the one affecting the Calculator app. When you key in numbers in quick succession, the app fails to calculate accurately
Apple has also tweaked iOS 11’s UI with the new update. There’s a new indicator for Control Center where are new line appear on the lock screen which hints to users on how to activate the gesture on the new phone.
In iOS 11.2, Apple continues to tweak and refine its user interface, including emoji.
Perhaps the biggest feature to hit iOS 11 is Apple Pay Cash, a peer-to-peer payment system that allows you to send or receive money from friends and family, right from your iPhone.
- iOS 11.2 introduces Apple Pay Cash to send, request and receive money from friends and family with Apple Pay. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website.
Other improvements and fixes:
- Adds support for faster wireless charging on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X with compatible third-party accessories.
- Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X.
- Improves video camera stabilization.
- Adds support in Podcasts to automatically advance to the next episode from the same show.
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type.
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete.
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear.
- Improves stability in Calendar.
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open to a blank screen.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen.
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen.
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded.
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map.
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message.
- Fixes an issue in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results.
- Addressed an issue where the keyboard could respond slowly.
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store and Music.
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications.
Show Comments (0)