Huawei is bringing another tablet to Malaysian shores—this time, the more affordable Huawei MatePad. The non-Pro tablet model will be available starting 9 September and will come with freebies worth up to MYR500.
Pricing and availability
The Huawei MatePad retails for MYR1,399 and will be available beginning 9 September on the Huawei Online Store.
Each purchase of the new tablet will come with these freebies:
- Huawei Video for three months (The Explorers & Oello Concerts channel)
- Huawei Book (valid till 31 December 2020)
- Huawei Member Center Rewards
- Huawei Cloud Storage 15GB for 12 months
Key features and specs
The Huawei MatePad packs a 10.4-inch FHD+ FullView IPS display (2000×1200) that is certified by TUV Rheinland for Low Blue Light. With ultra-thin bezels, the tablet boasts a screen-to-body ratio of 84 per cent.
The device comes powered the octa-core 7nm Kirin 810 processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage (upgradable to up to 512GB via microSD).
The Wi-Fi-only device features quad-speakers by Harman Kardon coupled with a four-mic array system.
It runs EMUI 10.1 based on Android 10, which features Multiscreen Collaboration amd Huawei MeeTime, Huawei’s native chat app. In case you’re still wondering, there are no Google Mobile Services installed, so as with other Huawei/honor Android devices, it will run Huawei Mobile Services and Huawei AppGallery for apps.
Battery life is supplied by a large 7250mAh battery that charges via USB-C. A 10W charger (5V/2A) is supplied in-the-box.
It comes with a single 8MP main shooter on the rear and an 8MP selfie shooter.
The tablet supports the M-Pencil stylus but this is sold separately.
- Smarter Christmas gifts: Lenovo Yoga Slim 7i Carbon and Yoga 9i
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Go now in Malaysia
- Lightning? Power outage? No problem. You’ll never strike out with an APC Easy UPS
- Inside M1, Apple’s most powerful silicon
- Lazada 11.11 Sale: Enjoy up to 47% off on Xiaomi products