Celebrating its global partnership with the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Samsung has officially unveiled the Galaxy S7 edge Olympic Games Edition. The special edition device pays homage to “those who make unreasonable progress” with the colours embodying the spirit of the games.
The Galaxy S7 edge Olympic Games Edition has a sleek black body with various colour accents on different parts of the phone.
There’s a red power button, green power buttons, yellow speaker grill and home button, and a blue camera frame. There’s also the iconic multi-coloured Olympic Rings on the back panel.
The treatment is purely cosmetic though, as the device remains unchanged from a regular S7 edge otherwise. You’ll get the familiarly top-of-the-line S7 edge hardware: 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display, Exynos 8890 octa-core CPU, 4GB of RAM, 12MP f/1.7 Dual Pixel main shooter and 3,600mAh battery.
Inside, there’s an exclusive Olympic-styled theme built-in–iconography, wallpaper and all.
Bundled in the special edition box is a pair of Gear IconX wireless earbuds.
Pricing and availability
No pricing has been revealed, although if the S6 edge Iron Man and S7 edge Injustice Editions are any indication, we may be looking at a MYR4,099 price point. Samsung will be selling the Olympic Edition in limited numbers from 18 July, in Brazil, China, Germany, Korea and United States.
For more on the stunning Galaxy S7 edge, read the posts below:
- Quick hands-on impressions with the Samsung Galaxy S7
- 7 reasons why the Samsung Galaxy S7 should be your next smartphone
- MWC2016: Samsung sets the bar sky high with the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge
- Lee Kwang Soo puts fans in a frenzy at Samsung Galaxy S7 edge launch in Malaysia
- Samsung introduces Galaxy Butler Service
- Floodgates open for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge in Malaysia today
Show Comments (0)