LG Electronics (“LG”) deservingly found itself in the spotlight again as 26 of its products swept honours at the 2014 iF Design Awards recently, spearheaded by the much-touted about LG G Flex smartphone. The curvy smartphone was one of 75 Gold Award Winners. The annual awards recognise innovation in the field of design and this year’s competition attracted over 4,600 entries.
LG was also a darling of the recent 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona.
The LG G Flex has an ergonomic, vertically curved 6-inch OLED display, following the contours of the user’s face and placing the speaker and mic closer to the ear and mouth. The form factor is also easy to grip. The curved display offers bright, vivid image reproduction and helps minimise glare.
iF judges commended the G Flex for applying a new approach to the smartphone interface – first by putting controls on the back, and adopting a curved display.
The G Flex also features KnockON, a convenient way to unlock the phone with just a simple knocking gesture.
Design aside, the LG G Flex packs a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 2.26Ghz quad core processor, a 13MP rear camera and a high-capacity 3,500mAh battery.
G2’s good too
The G Flex wasn’t the only product to have caught the attention of the iF judging panel. The LG G2 was also praised for its high level of innovation and convenience-oriented design features, specifically the Rear Key which puts the volume and power buttons on the back of the device.
The G2 is the only smartphone in the world to not have any buttons on the sides. Last year, the G2 also took the President’s Award of Good Design, South Korea’s top honour in design excellence.
LG’s TV continue to impress with its ULTRA HD TV (Model 65LA9700) impressing the iF judges with its immersive Cinema Screen design and ultra slim bezel.
Other LG products recognised at the iF Design Awards 2014 include: –
- SoundPlate (Model LAP340), a chic sound system wrapped in a thin, flat, minimalist body that can be placed directly under today’s premium TVs
- Sound Bar (Model NB5530) boasts an ultra slim design with a height of only 35mm in a premium black and metallic silver finish to blend into any living room
- 34-inch IPS 21:9 UltraWide monitor (Model 34UM95) with its transparent Crystal Float Stand and CINEMA SCREEN Design
- Ultra PC (Model 13Z940), weighing less than 1kg, sports a clean, minimalist design and 4.4mm Super Narrow Bezel
- ARTCOOL Stylist Inverter V (Model A12IWK) air conditioner boasts a unique ring of subtle LED mood lighting, proprietary 3D airflow feature, near-silent operation and significant energy savings
- ARTCOOL Slim Inverter V (Model CA12RWK) delivers a winning combination of energy efficient, health-centric features and advanced technologies such as Active Energy Control, Energy Display and Plasmaster Ionizer Plus.
Show Comments (1)
Comments are closed.