The release notes are as follows:
- macOS Catalina 10.15.5 supplemental update provides important security updates and is recommended for all users.
- Some features may not be available for all regions, or on all Apple devices. For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211215
The update patches a kernel exploit that allows an application to execute arbitrary code. The support article also makes a direct reference to the unc0ver exploit that has been used to jailbreak iOS devices.
Apple also released a security update for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.
macOS Catalina 10.15.5 introduces Battery Health Management to support devices, a feature designed to improve the lifespan of a MacBook’s battery. The utility not just reports the status of a MacBook battery but also attempts to reduce the rate at which the battery ages but monitoring its temperature history and charging patterns.
This feature is similar to the iOS 13 feature which optimises battery charging, not fully charging the phone unless necessary.
Just like how we should not compromise our health and safety by staying home, we shouldn’t compromise the safety of our electronic equipment, either. I’m sure, like me, you have extension plugs and multi-point adapters around your home for your various devices. What if I told you that there is an extension plug that also protects your devices at the same time? You see, the SurgeArrest from APC by Schneider Electric is not your average extension plug.
Here are three reasons why:
- It communicates with you. Short of speaking to you, the SurgeArrest will notify you when it is switched on, via its Surge Protection LED. It can also tell you when it is supplying correct power levels to the outlet. Meanwhile, the Ground OK LED warns you of any potential hazardous wiring problems in the wall circuit.
- It’s your devices’ best friend. Like a bodyguard for your plugged-in devices, the SurgeArrest steps in at any event of a circuit that has gone rogue. It will disconnect your equipment so that damaging surges don’t get to wreak havoc. This level of protection ensures the longevity of your devices, as it regularly supplies the correct amount of power each day.
- It’s easy to use. Compact and flexible, the SurgeArrest allows you to use it just about anywhere in your home. The dual direction cable allows flexible placement on your desk or below it. For added flexibility, it comes with rear wall-mount keyholes.
When it comes to electronic devices, peace of mind is important. SurgeArrest ensures safe amounts of electricity pass through to your devices at all times, regardless of dangerous spikes, catastrophic events, or power surges that can happen unexpectedly.
It’s worth adding that layer of extra protection seeing that your devices, PC, consoles, and appliances are long-term investments. Think of it as personal insurance for your beloved electronic equipment.
If you’re wondering about the difference between a SurgeArrest and an AVR (automatic voltage regulator), let me explain. The SurgeArrest is suitable for your “everyday” high-performance electrical equipment, such as your work/home PC and gaming rig. You can also use it for your TV, sound system, and gaming console.
On the other hand, an AVR can be used to plug in more “sensitive” equipment, such as laptops, printers, fans, vacuum cleaners, and toasters. You can check out how the AVR works in my previous post here.
Personally, I use a combination of several extension plugs and AVRs including SurgeArrest and APC Line-R LS Series by Schneider Electric.
For a nominal investment, it helps to keep my electronic equipment safe and protected at all times. Ultimate peace of mind. What’s great is that there’s nothing complicated to install or setup—simply buy, plug in, and forget.
If you’re looking for a power plug extension that is safe, reliable, and also guarantees the protection of all your electronics, why not give Schneider Electric a go? Interested? Check out the Schneider Electric official Lazada and Shopee stores via these links: Lazada – https://bit.ly/30AqcY6; Shopee – https://bit.ly/2SwyxYo
This post is brought to you exclusively by Schneider Electric.
- Not your average extension plug
- Galaxy Buds Pro: Samsung’s best true wireless buds yet
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra: Saving the best for last
- Samsung Galaxy S21 and S21+: Familiar and a little better
- The relationship between you and your favourite devices