The release notes are as follows:
- macOS Catalina 10.15.5 supplemental update provides important security updates and is recommended for all users.
- Some features may not be available for all regions, or on all Apple devices. For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211215
The update patches a kernel exploit that allows an application to execute arbitrary code. The support article also makes a direct reference to the unc0ver exploit that has been used to jailbreak iOS devices.
Apple also released a security update for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.
macOS Catalina 10.15.5 introduces Battery Health Management to support devices, a feature designed to improve the lifespan of a MacBook’s battery. The utility not just reports the status of a MacBook battery but also attempts to reduce the rate at which the battery ages but monitoring its temperature history and charging patterns.
This feature is similar to the iOS 13 feature which optimises battery charging, not fully charging the phone unless necessary.
- EatLokal helps Klang Valley F&B businesses bounce back
- AMD Ryzen 3000XT desktop processors available now
- Dell introduces new Latitude, Precision, OptiPlex professional portfolio
- Get Your Travel Back On with Klook
- Colorful launches AMD B550 motherboards with PCI-e 4.0