At the Sony Expo 2017 in Kuala Lumpur today, Sony introduced its 2017 Sony Bravia 4K HDR TV line-up to the Malaysian market. This includes the stunning Bravia A1 Series OLED 4K HDR TV, as well as its updated X and A Series.
First seen at CES 2017, then at its regional press event in Singapore recently, the flagship Sony BRAVIA A1 Series OLED 4K HDR TV is an undeniable head-turner. Featuring the best Sony display technologies, it not only delivers the best visual performance, but also breaks new ground in the audio department.
The A1 Series comes in 65-inch and 55-inch models. The 65-inch is priced at MYR29,999.00 and the 55-inch retails at MYR16,999.00. Both models will be available from June 2017 onwards.
HDR or bust
The world has inevitably gone HDR-crazy. With the hype surrounding curve TVs and 3D TVs dying down, HDR is now the new industry darling.
Thanks in part to video streaming services like Netflix and iflix, 4K UHD Blu-ray and PlayStation 4 gaming, the world of HDR is growing. HDR has also garnered industry support with “standards” like HDR10 and Dolby Vision being adopted by hardware makers and content creators.
Why is HDR so important? It’s all about visual quality. HDR delivers a wider brightness range and higher contrast. Blacks are properly black, if you get what I mean.
When you talk about contrast, you can’t run away from the fact that OLED delivers the best. Because each pixel is self-illuminating, you get unprecedented black, and bright crisp colours.
Just so you know, in a 4K OLED TV there are eight million self-illuminating pixels.
Powering these pixels are some amazing Sony display technologies including the new 4K HDR Processor X1 Extreme. This powerful chip incorporates three new technologies – object-based HDR remaster, Super Bit Mapping 4K HDR and Dual Database processing.
Sony’s cutting-edge 4K X-Reality PRO engine, on the other hand, produces stunning details.
Lastly, for true-to-life colours, depth and texture, there’s Sony’s famed TRILUMINOS Display technology.
In terms of content and user experience, selected models are powered by Android TV. The Google-powered OS brings the wealth of content and apps from Google Play.
Additionally, there’s Chromecast built-in, so you can send content from your smart devices to the TV.
Sony’s exclusive Content Bar user interface allows you to browse content without disrupting your TV experience.
The TV line-up is also Netflix-certified, with a dedicated Netflix button built into the TV remote.
New BRAVIA TV line-up and availability
- A1 Series 4K HDR OLED TV, 65” – MYR29,999.00
- A1 Series 4K HDR OLED TV, 55” – MYR16,999.00
- X94E Series 4K HDR TV, 75” – MYR25,999.00
- X93E Series 4K HDR TV, 55” – MYR11,999.00
- X85E Series 4K HDR TV, 65” – MYR16,999.00
- X80E Series 4K HDR TV, 55” – MYR6,999.00
- X80E Series 4K HDR TV, 49” – MYR4,499.00
- X80E Series 4K HDR TV, 43” – MYR3,899.00
- X70E Series 4K HDR TV, 65” – MYR7,199.00*
- X70E Series 4K HDR TV, 55” – MYR4,999.00*
- X70E Series 4K HDR TV, 49” – MYR3,699.00
- X70E Series 4K HDR TV, 43” – MYR3,099.00
- W75E Series Full HD HDR TV, 49” – MYR3,199.00
- W75E Series Full HD HDR TV, 43” – MYR2,499.00
- W66E Series Full HD HDR TV, 49” – MYR2,799.00
- W66E Series Full HD HDR TV, 40” – MYR2,199.00
- Z9D Series BRAVIA 4K HDR TV (100”, 75”, 65”) – TBA†
All models are available from May 2017 onwards, aside from one marked with *.
*Available from June 2017.
† Available at Sony Stores now.
For more information, visit store.sony.com.my.