Microsoft Issues a Statement from Steve Ballmer on the Passing of Apple Founder Steve Jobs
“I want to express my deepest condolences at the passing of Steve Jobs, one of the founders of our industry and a true visionary. My heart goes out to his family, everyone at Apple and everyone who has been touched by his work.”
Bill Gates has also issued a statement, which is posted at his personal Web site, The Gates Notes http://www.thegatesnotes.com/Personal/Steve-Jobs.
“I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.
“Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.
“The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.
“For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, it’s been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.”
- Statement from the family
- ZDNet’s Larry Dignan: Apple’s Steve Jobs has passed away
and Steve Jobs’ big lesson: ‘Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish’
- President Obama: Statement by the President on the Passing of Steve Jobs
- Bill Gates: I’m truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobs’ death.
- Larry Page: I am very, very sad to hear the news about Steve.
- Mark Zuckerberg: Steve, thank you for being a mentor and a friend.
- Tim Cook: Apple media advisory
Latest posts by Vernon Chan (see all)
- Xiaomi is world’s #5 largest smartphone maker - July 31, 2014
- Xiaomi: “We do not upload any personal information and data without the permission of users” - July 31, 2014
- Samsung GALAXY Grand 2 goes gold - July 31, 2014