It’s seems like only yesterday, but Xiaomi is turning five on 6 April (today). The young upstart shot to stardom with its highly affordable products, flash sales, lean operations and online-only strategy. It was China’s top smartphone vendor in 2015 (IDC data).
To thank its fans, Xiaomi is debuting five new products and a series of promotions in China. There’s the Mi Note Pink Edition (yes pink), Mi TV 2 55-inch, Mi Power Strip, Mi Smart Scale (what?) and Redmi 2A.
Mi Note Pink Edition
- A gorgeous hue to satisfy your passion for pink
- 3D curved Gorilla Glass 3 with metal frame
- 5.7” Full HD display, 4G Dual SIM
- Snapdragon 801, 3GB RAM, 16GB flash
- 13MP OIS camera f/2.0, 4MP front large 2-micron pixels
- RMB 2499 (RM1,474) (Comes with a 5000 mAh power bank)
Mi TV 2 55”
- 55” 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV, Samsung RGB LCD panel
- MStar 6A928 (4K H.265 at 60fps)
- Cortex-A17 quad-core 1.4GHz CPU
- Mali-760 MP4 4+2-core GPU
- 2GB triple-channel DDR3 RAM, 8GB eMMC5.0 flash
- Wireless 8-speaker soundbar, all-new aluminum subwoofer
- Dual band 802.11ac, 2×2 MIMO antenna
- Dolby MS12 virtual surround sound
- RMB4999 (RM2,948)
Mi Power Strip
- Sleek white design, as slim as a pencil case
- 3 power sockets + 3 USB ports with 2A quick charging
- Subtle and elegant power indicator light
- Safety features include:
- Max 10A overload protection
- Childproof internal shutter mechanism
- Surge-protected USB ports
Mi Smart Scale
- 50g precision, 5kg-150kg range
- Measures in kg or lbs
- Tracks weight + BMI with Mi Fit app
- White glass platform
- Graphical LED display, hidden until lit
- Bluetooth 4.0, Android + iOS compatible
- RMB99 (RM58)
- China Mobile version, supports TD-LTE bands only
- Leadcore L1860C chipset, Cortex A7 4+1-core 1.5GHz CPU
- Mali T628MP2 GPU
- 1GB LPDDR3 RAM; 8GB eMMC 4.5 flash5-element lens
- 2200mAh Sony/LG batter
- 8MP Omnivision camera,y
- RMB599 (RM353) (RMB 499 one day Mi Fan Festival offer)
On 8 April 2015, the popular Mi Fan Festival will be held in Beijing, to celebrate Xiaomi’s big milestone. Xiaomi CEO and founder Lei Jun, at a press conference in Beijing earlier, thanked the fans for their support over the past five years.
A special edition of the Mi 4 with 2GB RAM will go on sale during the Mi Fan Festival, for RMB1,699 (RM1,002), while the original Mi 4 is available now for RMB1,799 (RM1,061).
Other offers during the festival include giving out 100% rebates for 1,000 smartphone orders, RMB50 million worth of cash vouchers, up to 50% off Xiaomi accessories, and up to RMB150 million worth of content ‘red envelopes’ for users to download MIUI themes, e-books, mobile games and more.
Question for Mi Malaysia — when will the Mi 4 get here? 🙂 Nonetheless, Happy Birthday, Xiaomi!