Have an old smartphone lying around? How about putting it to good use, and trade it up for a new one? Huawei is now offering a device trade-in service via its official e-commerce portal – Vmall.my. The #3 smartphone maker in the world is the first in Malaysia to offer the service.
Huawei has focused heavily on consumer experience and customer service. It’s now taking another step forward – towards environmentally-friendly operations. The move to offer online trade-ins is a positive move towards raising awareness about e-waste management and environment sustainability.
The green initiative benefits both consumer and the environment, offering a hassle-free and convenient way to dispose of old hardware. Old devices will be processed depending on condition.
Here’s how it works:
Head over to Vmall.my for an easy 5-step process.
- #1 To start, select your phone brand and model. The system supports major phone brands including from Apple, BlackBerry, HTC, Samsung and even Huawei.
- #2 State the device condition: Good, Functional or Broken
- #3 You’ll need to enter the device IMEI code (sticker that comes with the product, or dial #060# on the device)
- #4 Enter your details and pick-up information. Register a Vmall ID if you’re not a member of Vmall yet.
- #5 Verify information, then submit the order.
Once the order has been placed, the service supplier will pick the device up from your doorstep and provide you with an e-voucher. The e-voucher can be used to make purchases on Vmall.
The online trade-in service by Huawei is a great move by the smartphone maker, showing it is serious about delighting customers and caring for the environment.
Now, where’s that old BlackBerry of mine?