The recent exposure of nude celebrity photos, Gmail account leaks and compromise of Dropbox are just few of many cyber security exploits affecting the world today. With consumers owning more and more devices, exposure to cybercime increase even further. To better protect consumers, Trend Micro has launched its latest, most comprehensive security solution to date – Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015 Cloud Edition – offering protection from cyber threats for PC, Mac, Android and iOS.
According to a recent online poll by Trend Micro, almost 60% of respondents in Malaysia are not protected on their mobile devices and personal computers. With 3.5 new cyber threats happening every second, this puts Malaysian consumers at risk. 73% of internet users said they are concerned about sharing private information on social networking sites.
More survey findings include:
- 58% of respondents only change their passwords when needed
- 29% of mobile users allow mobile apps to access their social media profiles
- 71% of parents do not use parental control settings
- 28% of respondents believe they have downloaded malicious apps while 52% do not know if they have encountered such apps
- 46% let browsers save passwords online, a dangerous practice
- 42% removed past posts from their social media profiles for fear of revealing private information to strangers
- 38% were afraid that online information may affect their personal life
- 79% read about their friends online but have not actively connected with them
- 13% are “friends with their boss on a social network, but only 8% were given access to view posts or photos”
“Consumers today are very reliant on their devices, with an average Malaysian owning four digital devices each. Yet, they often forget that having more devices also increases their exposure to cyber attacks. We are concerned about the safety of their digital lives as our survey indicated that only half of the respondents have installed security or antivirus apps or software on both their mobile devices and personal computers,” said Terence Tang, Senior Director of Consumer Business, Asia Pacific, Trend Micro in his opening speech.
An average Malaysian owns no less than four digital devices each (I own about ten), so securing all their devices may pose a huge challenge especially when devices run various operating systems.
Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015 Cloud Edition offers a comprehensive security solution that protects users from privacy and security breaches across multiple devices and platforms. It also helps protect Internet users from potentially harmful activities online. Not only does it provide industry-leading anti-virus protection, but also web threat protection that identifies and blocks dangerous links in websites, social networks, emails and instant messaging.
Additionally, it detects spam emails and protects against phishing scams. Say goodbye to mysterious phishing emails from Nigerians, banks you have never done business with and the US$150 million lottery wins.
Password and identity theft is rampant these days but Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015 Cloud Edition aims to fight this with its password manager that encrypts all online passwords. It works across multiple devices and provides a password generator to stop the common but unsafe practice of using the same password for multiple accounts.
Social media is a popular pastime amongst consumers today and thus protection becomes even more crucial. Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015 Cloud Edition has expanded its social network Privacy Scanner to scan LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Pricing and availability
Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015 and Trend Micro Internet Security 2014 are available at all leading IT retailers and Trend Micro website.
- Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015 – 1 Year for 1 Device : RM89.00
- Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015 – 1 Year for 3 Devices : RM139.00
- Trend Micro Internet Security 2015 – 1 Year for 1 Device – bundled with Trend Micro Mobile Security 2015 – 1 Year 1 Device : RM69.00
- Trend Micro Internet Security 2015 – 1 Year for 3 Devices : RM99.00
Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015 Giveaway
Win a retail copy of Trend Micro Maximum Security 2015 (worth RM89.00) in our exclusive giveaway. Details soon!
[raw_html_snippet id=”google ad 300-250″]