From now on it will be even more convenient to get TNG RFID fitted to your vehicle. Touch ‘n Go is now offering TNG RFID Self-Fitment Kit on e-commerce sites Lazada and Shopee for MYR35, starting 16 May 2020.
The TNG RFID Self-Fitment Kit will come with a fitment guide for users to fit and active the product at their own convenience.
Previously, users would need to head to an authorised TNG RFID Fitment Centre to get the RFID tags fitted on their vehicles. Currently, all fitment centres and most customer service centres are closed due to Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO).
“Safety is our priority. We’ve introduced a DIY kit to bring further convenience as we understand that people will want to move safer in the comfort of their cars.”
He added that as Malaysia embarks on the “new normal,” TNG RFID is a critical part of the journey to provide contactless convenience to ensure faster, smoother, and safer travel for all road users.
The TNG RFID Tag officially went on sale on 15 February 2020 following an 18-month public pilot programme that saw a participation of 1.2 million users.
What is TNG RFID and how it works
For the unfamiliar, TNG RFID is a contactless, electronic payment system that uses a RFID tag installed on a vehicle, to pass through tolls. TNG RFID contains an embedded radio-frequency chip that is typically fitted on the windscreen or headlamp of a vehicle.
As the vehicle passes through the RFID toll lane, an overhead scanner read the radio-frequency from the TNG RFID Tag and deducts the toll fare from the user’s linked Touch ‘n Go eWallet account. The TNG RFID Tag requires no batteries or maintenance.
TNG RFID Tag Fitment DIY step-by-step guide
Users may opt to scan the QR code on the Self-Fitment Kit for a virtual fitment video or follow the step-by-step fitment illustrated on the package itself.
- Clean the surface of the windscreen or headlamp
- Peel off the TNG RFID Tag from the Self-fitment Kit
- Fit the TNG RFID Tag either on the exterior of the upper left windscreen or left headlamp of the vehicle
How to activate TNG RFID Tag
Once the TNG RFID Tag has been fitted securely, users are to self-activate the TNG RFID Tag on the Mobility eXperience platform, a dashboard to manage all their on-the-road needs. The TNG RFID Tag activation process is available below:
- Register an account on mx.touchngo.com.my
- Insert the TNG RFID Tag number & add your vehicle details
- Ensure to link your TNG RFID Tag to the Touch ‘n Go eWallet
- An activation SMS will be sent to notify you within 24 hours
For more information, visit http://rfid.touchngo.com.my/
Buy TNG RFID Tag now
Disclosure: Keep in mind that VERNONCHAN.COM may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. Clicking on these links cost you nothing and it helps to cover some of the costs for the upkeep of the site. While we may receive commissions, this does not impact our reviews, views and opinions which remain independent, fair, and balanced. Thank you for your support.
- Huawei Vision Smart Screen TV coming to Malaysia soon?
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Malaysia: Top of the class
- Take note, Yoodo upcoming system upgrade
- Garmin Fenix 6 trade-in promo: Up to MYR610 rebate
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip now only MYR3,999