Confused about which Galaxy device(s) to buy? Are you looking for the best Samsung technologies? Do you want long battery life? A big screen? A tablet for work and play? A pair of wireless earbuds? Check out the list below to help with your decision.
The Samsung Galaxy Buds has gained three new connectivity features previously available only on the new Galaxy Buds+, through a software update.
Here are the new features that lets you do more with your Galaxy Buds.
Samsung’s sizzling hot flagship series—the Galaxy S20 was unveiled earlier today and as usual, the brand wasted no time to announce pricing and availability details for the Malaysian market. The great news is that you can pre-order the Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra 5G starting from today, at 5.00PM.
Official Malaysian Galaxy S20 pricing and availability
The official Malaysian retail pricing of the new flagship series is as below:
- Galaxy S20 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – MYR3,599
- Galaxy S20+ 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – MYR3,999
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G 12GB RAM + 128GB storage – MYR4,999
If you’ve noticed, this is a streamlined line-up lacking bigger storage options of overseas counterparts.
Pre-order is available from 5PM today, 12 February 2020 until
26 February 2020. 1 March 2020.
You can pre-order from Samsung’s online store as well as various authorised partners including Maxis, Celcom, Digi, U Mobile, SenQ, Senheng, Harvey Norman, as well as Samsung official online stores at Lazada and Shopee.
As part of the pre-order promo, you will receive a pair of free Galaxy Buds+ (worth MYR599) for free when you purchase the Galaxy S20+ and S20 Ultra 5G.
The new flagship trio feature brand-new Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O displays, ranging from 6.2-inches to 6.7-inches. The new displays feature a high refresh rate of 120Hz.
Under the hood, the Galaxy S20 is powered by the Exynos 990 processor with up to 12GB RAM and 128GB of onboard storage.
All three pack large battery cells starting from 4,000mAh for the S20, 4,500mAh for the S20+ and finally a 5,000mAh cell for the S20 Ultra.
The new phone series pack brand new cameras, here’s how they stack up:
- Galaxy S20: 12MP f/2.2 (120-degrees) ultra-wide camera + 12MP f/1.8 wide-angle camera with Super Speed Dual Pixel AF and OIS + 64MP f/2.0 telephoto camera with PDAF and OIS; front camera: 10MP f/2.2 (80-degrees) with Dual Pixel AF.
- Galaxy S20+: 12MP f/2.2 (120-degrees) ultra-wide camera + 12MP f/1.8 wide-angle camera with Super Speed Dual Pixel AF and OIS + 64MP f/2.0 telephoto camera with PDAF and OIS + Depth Vision Camera; Front camera: 10MP f/2.2 (80-degrees) with Dual Pixel AF.
- Galaxy S20 Ultra: 12MP f/2.2 (120-degrees) ultra-wide camera + 108MP f/1.8 wide-angle camera with PDAF and OIS + 48MP f/3.5 telephoto camera with PDAF and OIS + Depth Vision Camera; Front camera: 40MP f/2.2 with PDAF.
For more details on features and specs, read this announcement post.
- Huawei Vision Smart Screen TV coming to Malaysia soon?
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Malaysia: Top of the class
- Take note, Yoodo upcoming system upgrade
- Garmin Fenix 6 trade-in promo: Up to MYR610 rebate
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip now only MYR3,999
It’s likely no longer a surprise for you, thanks to the plethora of leaks leading up to Samsung’s first big launch of the year. But yes, here it is. The South Korean smartphone leader’s most important product line—the flagship Galaxy S20 series. The key narrative is going to be defined by two things—5G connectivity and an AI-assisted pro-grade camera.