Malaysian millennials may be tech savvy and ‘always on’ but they’re certainly are not forgetting tradition. According to Spotify, over 80% of music lovers aged 18-34 are streaming evergreen Raya hits this festive season.
Hari Raya Aidilfitri is one of the biggest festivals in Malaysia, marking the end of the holy month of Ramadan. Typical of Malaysia, the festive ambience is shared by all, regardless of race or creed.
Spotify data shows some interesting observations and patterns. Those streaming Hari Raya tunes consist of 64% female users and 36% male. During Ramadan, music streaming starts much earlier in the day at around 7AM, with more users listening over lunch hour.
The most streamed Hari Raya song in Malaysia is the classic Suasana Hari Raya by Sharifah Aini, followed by Saloma’s Selamat Hari Raya. Uni Rashid’s Seloka Hari Raya takes the third spot.
All-time favourite Balik Kampung by Sudirman is also on the Top 10 list.
Here’s the full list of Top Hari Raya songs streamed by Malaysians.
- Suasana Hari Raya – Sharifah Aini
- Selamat Hari Raya – Saloma
- Seloka Hari Raya – Uji Rashid
- Selamat Hari Raya – Ahmad Jais
- Suasana Hari Raya – Anuar & Ellina
- Selamat Hari Raya – Fazidah Joned
- Balik Kampung – Sudirman
- Aidilfitri – Sanisah Huri
- Suasana Riang Di Hari Raya – Junainah
- Selamat Berhari Raya – Rahimah Rahim
You can check out the Lagu Raya playlist here.