In Singapore yesterday, Sony Mobile introduced its new premium Xperia Z3 series including the flagship Xperia Z3 smartphone, Xperia Z3 Compact and Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact. Additionally, the Japanese giant debuted the mid-range Xperia E3 phone and new additions to its SmartWear portfolio – SmartBand Talk and SmartWatch 3.
Headlining the keynote was John Featherstone, Vice President, South East Asia & Oceania, Sony Mobile Communications; and Change Seng Hock, new Marketing Director, South East Asia & Oceania, Sony Mobile Communications.
Xperia Z3: the best gets better
Sony’s flagship gets even better – now lighter and slimmer at just 152g and 7.3mm thin. The new rounded aluminium frame with durable tempered glass panels exudes class and premium feel. The Xperia Z3 is available in white, black and two new colours – copper and silver green. A dual-SIM version is available in select markets.
Xperia Z3 Compact: every bit a Z3, just smaller
Perfect for single-hand use, the Xperia Z3 Compact has a similar elegant, premium finish of the flagship Xperia Z3. Weighing just 129g and at just 8.6mm, it’s every bit a Z3 in a compact body. Available in orange and green as well as white and black.
Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact: impossibly thin
This tablet is the world’s slimmest and lightest waterproof tablet. It’s a bold claim but true to its very 6.4mm slim body. It’s impossibly slim! Impeccably crafted, the tablet weighs less than 270g. The 8-inch tablet feels great in the hand and exudes Sony’s Xperia DNA in its design and finish. Available in white or black.
Summary of Xperia Z3 series key features:
- Highest waterproof rating: IP65/68
- Improved camera: 20.7MP rear camera with 1/2.3 Exmor RS for mobile sensor, BIONZ mobile processing engine and new 25mm wide-angle Sony G Lens. World’s first ISO 128000 sensivity.
- New improved SteadyShot with intelligent Active Mode
- Records in 4K resolution
- High-Resolution Audio with DSEE HX technology. Works perfectly with Sony’s High-Res Audio headphones
- TRILUMINOS Display for mobile with Live Colour LED, X-Reality for mobile for best display performance, and under bright sunlight
- PS4 Remote Play: Use your Z3 device with a PS4 DUALSHOCK 4 Wireless Controller and GCM10 Game Control Mount
- Top of the range performance with Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core processoor with 2.5Ghz
- Two days battery life with Sony Battery STAMINA Mode (Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact)
Xperia E3: affordable mid-range with Z flagship design
The Xperia E3 is a 4.5-inch phone with a scratch-resistant screen and resilient body. It features a 5MP camera with HDR and is available in white, black, lime and copper. A dual SIM variant is also available in select markets.
SmartBand Talk: Lifelogging at its best
SmartBand Talk is the latest in Sony’s SmartWear portfolio – featuring a curved 1.4-inch e-paper display. It has a built-in mic and speaker, enabling you to talk into it. Assign your own signs to life bookmarks, and also use your voice to carry out specific operations. SmartBand Talk Voice Control supports Japanese, UK and US English, French, German, Italian and Spanish at launch. More languages to come.
It has a built-in accelerometer and altimeter that works perfectly with the Lifelog app (available from Google Play).
The durable body is IP68 waterproof rated.
Available in black at launch, with more colours to come later in the year.
SmartWatch 3: powered by Android Wear
The third generation SmartWatch by Sony is now powered by Android Wear. It boasts built-in accelerometer, compass, gyro and GPS sensor technology for more accurate lifelogging. Compatible with most Android phones running Android 4.4 KitKat.
It sports a 1.6-inch 320×320 transflective display within a stainless steel core unit that is waterproof (IP68 rated). Available in Classic (black) and Sport (lime) with extra colour straps in pink and white.
Pricing and availability in Malaysia
- Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact – October 2014
- Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact – Q4 2014
- PS4 Remote Play Services – Q4 2014
- Xperia E3 – October 2014
- SmartBand Talk and SmartWatch – Q4 2014
Pricing to be announced.
[raw_html_snippet id=”google ad 300-250″]