Sony Mobile today introduces Xperia Z1, its new flagship device that combines all the best of Sony’s technology, applications and services including a new groundbreaking camera. The Xperia Z1 will launch globally from September 2013, and first week of October for the Malaysian market.
The Xperia Z1 is everything a flagship Xperia device should be – packing a 5″ Full HD display encased in a stunning exterior that combines Sony’s acclaimed OmniBalance design with premium materials and precision engineering. The unibody aluminium frame with tempered glass on the front and back is also waterproof and dust-resistant (IP55 & IP58).
Sony also brings the best of its camera expertise into the new flagship, featuring the award-winning “G Lens” with a 27mm wide angle f/2.0, custom large 1/2.3-type CMOS image sensor Exmor RS for mobile with an astonishing 20.7MP, coupled with BIONZ for mobile image processing engine. Expect high shutter speeds and exceptional low-light performance.
With the new lens module, Sony introduces a new suite of Xperia Camera Applications. They include:
- Social live: The app gives the ability to broadcast live video feeds from the Xperia Z1 to Facebook, and your friends can ‘Like’ or comment directly on your screen.
- Info-eye: A visual search function that provides information on landmarks, items like books or wine.
- Timeshift burst: Xperia Z1 can take up to 61 images in 2 seconds, a second before and after pressing the shutter.
- AR effect: This is a fun app that overlays customisable animations to real footage using Sony’s SmartAR augmented reality technology.
Powering the Xperia Z1 is one of the fastest mobile processors in the world – the 2.2Ghz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with 2GB RAM and 4G LTE. Incredible graphics, 3D games and video performance are a given.
With battery life being an important aspect of smartphone ownership, Sony has wisely packed a large 3000mAh battery for long-lasting use.
As with other Xperia devices, Sony is bundling its “WALKMAN”, Album and Movies media applications to enable discovery of online and offline content.
With built-in NFC technology and Sony’s one-touch functions, the Xperia Z1 is exposed to a growing ecosystem of companion products, currently numbered at 100 This includes TVs, headphones, audio speakers, tablets and more.
Some key companion products include:
- QX10/QX100 Lens series
- Smart Imaging Stand IPT-DS10M
- Smartphone Tripod SPA-MK20M
- SmartWatch 2
- SBH52 Smart Bluetooh Handset
- SBH50 Stereo Bluetooth Headset
- SmartTags NT3
- Magnetic Charging Dock DK31
The Xperia Z1 will be available in Malaysia in the first week of October. No pricing has been revealed yet.
Show Comments (5)
Comments are closed.