The proponent of “multiflex” transportation, startup car-sharing platform SOCAR will station a car at popular LRT and MRT stations across the Klang Valley.
Commuters passing by these locations can simply drop donation items in a SOCAR stationed at the stations.
The collected items will then be donated to SOCAR’s partner NGO, Dignity for Children.
SOCAR has said that donations can be in any form and quantity. However, while there are no restrictions on the items you want to donate, it is advisable to refrain from donating perishables. If you do wish to donate food, do share dry food packets instead.
Alongside donating the items to charity, SOCAR will also contribute the member fee collected during the drive to Dignity for Children.
To make a donation, follow these simple steps:
- Head over to a participating SOCAR zone at MRT/LRT stations.
- Download and open the SOCAR app and register as a member if you haven’t. SOCAR ambassadors will be on location if you need any assistance.
- Show your profile to a SOCAR ambassador.
- Unlock the car and drop the items you wish to donate in the car.
- Pat yourself on the back for performing a good deed!
Here’s a list of participating zones:
- Bangsar LRT Station (adjacent to Old Town White Coffee)
- KL Sentral LRT Station (Middle line driveway nearing the ERL Departure)
- Ampang LRT Station (Parking bay at main entrance of the station)
- Lot 10, adjoining the Bukit Bintang MRT Station (in front of H&M)
The campaign runs on Wednesdays and Thursdays of each week, starting 23 May to 14 June 2018, from 9AM – 8PM.
Refer to the schedule below:
SOCAR is a car-sharing platform that allows you to rent a car on-demand. Recently hitting a 300-car milestone, SOCAR operates around Klang Valley currently, but plans to expand to other cities in Peninsular Malaysia.
Rates start from as low as MYR8 per hour, with four types of cars offered including mini hatchbacks like the Perodua Axia and Volkswagen Polo; C-segment sedans like Honda City and Toyota Vios; SUV/MPVs like the Honda HR-V and Perodua Alza; as well as sporty rides like the 3-door MINI Cooper.
Petrol is included in the booking fee (up to 30km per hour or 300km per day) and everything runs conveniently from the SOCAR mobile app that’s supported on Android and iOS.
SOCAR is currently running a Ramadan promo as well, with cars offered from as low as MYR20 for booking periods of up to 15 hours.