After the grand launch to the media and VIPs yesterday, the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge goes for sale officially in store and online today. Samsung’s roadshow booth at the KLCC concourse accommodated over 1,000 walk-in customers in a staggered format. Earlier yesterday, the 3,000 customers who pre-ordered, picked up their orders from various locations across the country.
Fans arrived in the wee hours of the morning at KLCC to catch early-bird deals. The first lucky 2,000 customers who purchase the Galaxy S7 edge receive a free Gear VR headset. Samsung also offers a trade-up promotion for existing S series owners.
First in line this morning was Norwegian backpacker Nick Hystaad, who started queuing at 4AM. The 24-year old traveler has been globe-trotting across five countries including India, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Malaysia. He’s currently in his fifth week of travel, with a overall three-month stint.
According to Hystaad, he first heard about the Galaxy S7 edge in Vietnam, when he visited a Samsung store there. He found out about the local launch here, and decided to upgrade from his Galaxy S5. Black Onyx was his choice of colour for his spanking new Galaxy phone.
The three major telcos – Digi, Celcom and Maxis; as well as Best Denki had collection points at the venue. Visit the respective websites for more information and deals. Absent at the roadshow is U Mobile, who also have its own Galaxy S7 edge deals.
The Galaxy S7 edge retails at MYR3,099 (inclusive of GST) and is available in three colours – Black Onyx, Silver Titanium and Gold Platinum. The nationwide roadshow continues on until 22 March 2016, from 10AM to 10PM.
List of roadshow locations below:
- Kuala Lumpur – Suria KLCC, Centre Court – 18-22 March
- Johor – KSL City, Ground Floor, Main Entrance – 18-21 March
- Penang – Queensbay Mall, Centre Atrium – 18-20 March
- Sarawak – Viva City, C Atrium, Kuching – 18-20 March
- Malacca – Mahkota Parade, Samsung Experience Store – 18-20 March
- Pahang – East Coast Mall, Kuantan, Samsung Experience Store – 18-20 March
- Sabah – Imago, Samsung Experience Store, KK – 18-20 March
Learn more about the Galaxy S7 edge here:
- [MWC2016] Samsung sets the bar sky high with the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge
- Samsung Galaxy S7 hands-on: The best Android smartphone gets better
- 7 reasons why the Samsung Galaxy S7 should be your next smartphone
- 20% off with Samsung Galaxy S7 edge pre-order on 7 March 2016
- Galaxy S7 edge pre-orders sell out, Samsung extends to 2,000 more
- Pre-order the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge with Maxis and get a free Gear S2 Classic
- Lee Kwang Soo has lost his edge. Can you help him find it?
- Buy the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge from U Mobile and get a free Gear VR
- Lee Kwang Soo puts fans at the edge of frenzy at Samsung Galaxy S7 edge launch in Malaysia
- Samsung introduces Galaxy Butler Service