Samsung’s latest Galaxy S20 and S20+ are currently available for pre-order with colour options ranging from Cosmic Grey, Cosmic Black, Cloud Blue and Cloud Pink. Ah, but hang on, Samsung is throwing in a new flashy colour into the mix, specifically for the Galaxy S20+ that is. Called the Galaxy S20+ Jennie Red edition and if you hadn’t noticed, it’s Jennie from superstar K-pop quartet Blackpink.
The good news is that the Galaxy S20+ Jennie Red edition is a suped-up version that’s 5G-enabled and stocked with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of onboard storage.
The bad news is that it’s exclusive to South Korea’s KT 5G network, so sorry Malaysian Blinks, you’re not going to find it here, at least not officially.
The KT 5G exclusive will retail for KRW1,353,000 (~MYR4,699).
What’s cool is that the “Aura Red” device is complemented by a pair of red Galaxy Buds+.
The new colour palette aside, the Galaxy S20+ Jennie Red edition is identical to the regular Galaxy S20+. This includes the 6.7-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O display, a quad-camera setup capable of up to 30X Space Zoom and a large 4,500mAh battery.
The Galaxy S20 series is currently on pre-order in Malaysia, until 26 February 2020. Pre-order buyers of the S20+ and S20 Ultra 5G get a pair of Galaxy Buds+ free (worth MYR499). Pre-orders will be fulfilled starting 4 March, with the S20 series hitting retail channels from 6 March.
Official Malaysian Galaxy S20 retail pricing:
- Galaxy S20 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – MYR3,599
- Galaxy S20+ 8GB RAM + 128GB storage – MYR3,999
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G 12GB RAM + 128GB storage – MYR4,999
- EatLokal helps Klang Valley F&B businesses bounce back
- AMD Ryzen 3000XT desktop processors available now
- Dell introduces new Latitude, Precision, OptiPlex professional portfolio
- Get Your Travel Back On with Klook
- Colorful launches AMD B550 motherboards with PCI-e 4.0