The holy month of Ramadhan is a month-long journey of peace and observation of fast. The lead up to Hari Raya is also colourful and bustling with activities. This is a fantastic opportunity to capture the many sights and sounds Ramadhan has to offer. An award-winning Malaysian photographer, Yaman Ibrahim, did just that, armed only with his Galaxy S7 edge.
Yaman embarked on a journey to uncover and showcase Ramadhan through his eyes. Based in Kuala Lumpur, the pro photographer harnessed his love for photography since childhood.
His new series called “Colors of Ramadhan,” shot entirely with his Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, beautifully captures the culture, practices and traditions of the Ramadhan month.
A big part of Ramadhan is the crowd at the evening bazaars, the joy of breaking fast together, and the peacefulness of prayers.
Yaman’s keen eye coupled with the outstanding Galaxy S7 edge Dual Pixel camera delivers some astonishing photographs. The DSLR-like quality photos showcase incredible detail, even in low light.
As you know both front and rear cameras are built with f/1.7 aperture lenses, capturing more light for brighter shots.
“As a Malaysian, my goal is to provide an accurate representation of what my country is to me – in all its charm and splendour. The Galaxy S7 edge really was an extension of my being and my vision. It showed me more than what I thought a phone was capable of doing and I too was pleasantly surprised by the unexpectedly amazing shots,” said Yaman Ibrahim.
See some of Yaman’s fabulous work here:
- Instagram – www.instagram.com/yamanz/
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/yamanibrahim66
- Web – yamanibrahim.com/
For more on the stunning Galaxy S7 edge, read the posts below:
- Quick hands-on impressions with the Samsung Galaxy S7
- 7 reasons why the Samsung Galaxy S7 should be your next smartphone
- MWC2016: Samsung sets the bar sky high with the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge
- Lee Kwang Soo puts fans in a frenzy at Samsung Galaxy S7 edge launch in Malaysia
- Samsung introduces Galaxy Butler Service
- Floodgates open for Samsung Galaxy S7 edge in Malaysia today