PC.com recently held the annual PC.com Readers Choice Awards 2011/12, an awards night to recognise leading technology brands in their respective segments. Nominees are selected based on reviews by the editorial team throughout the year, shortlisted then, for the first time this year, put up online for readers to vote on. The awards, held at Furama Hotel in the heart of KL was attended by established technology brands, industry peers and members of the media. The awards was also to celebrate PC.com’s 12th year anniversary. What a journey it has been!
[ad#Google Adsense 336×280]
Samsung and Canon were big winners that night, clinching five awards each, not surprisingly clinching Best Consumer Smartphone and Best DSLR Camera respectively, just to name a few. Samsung also went on to win Product of the Year for its runaway winner GALAXY Note.
The well-dressed Celcom team won The Best Telco of the Year award while Celcom head-honcho Dato’ Sri Mohammed Shazalli bin Ramly picked up a special award for Best CEO of the Year.
Full winners list of PC.com Awards Night:
- Best Security Software = Kaspersky
- Best Computer Speakers = Edifier
- Best Headphones = Sonic Gear
- Best Accessories Brand = Logitech (Runner up = Acer)
- Best Processor = Intel
- Best Motherboard = Asus
- Best Hard Disk = Western Digital
- Best Graphics card = Gigabyte
- Best GPS = Garmin
- Best Wireless Product = D-Link
- Best Projector = Sharp
- Best LCD TV = Samsung (Runner up = Sharp)
- Best Desktop Monitor = Samsung (Runner up = Acer)
- Best DSLR Camera = Canon (Runner up = Nikon)
- Best Mirrorless Camera = Sony (Runner up = Olympus)
- Best Compact Camera = Canon (Runner up = Nikon)
- Best Camcorder = Canon (Runner up = Panasonic)
- Best Laser Printer = Canon (Runner up = Oki)
- Best Inkjet Printer = Canon (Runner up = Epson)
- Best MFP Printer (Office use) = Konica Minolta (Runner up = Oki)
- Best Desktop PC = HP (Runner up = Acer)
- Best Business Laptop = HP (Runner up = Toshiba)
- Best Consumer Laptop = Acer (Runner up = Samsung)
- Best Ultrabook = Asus (Runner up = HP)
- Best Tablet PC = Samsung
- Best Consumer Smartphone = Samsung
- Best Business Smartphone = Blackberry
- Best Prepaid Telco = Digi
- Best Postpaid Telco = Maxis
- Best Wired Broadband = UniFi
- Best Wireless Broadband = Celcom
PC.com Special Awards:
- Rising Star = U Mobile
- Best Government Performance for ICT Initiative = MAMPU
- Best CSR Initiative = Maxis
- Best Telco of the Year = Celcom
- Product of the Year = Samsung Galaxy Note
- CEO of the Year = Dato’ Sri Mohammed Shazalli Ramly
It was my first time attending an industry tech awards night and found it fun, also being able to meet old friends and new, mingle with industry peers and influencers.
It was a plus to have also won the lucky draw (Edifier speaker dock!) and a quickdraw Twitter challenge where I beat other social media peers like Rebecca Saw aka @wackybecky, Aman Firdaus aka @Amanz, LiewCF and Christopher Tock aka @Spinzer. Sweet is the taste of victory!
Happy Anniversary PC.com and congratulations to all winners!
Show Comments (3)
Comments are closed.