OPPO Electronics Corp (“OPPO”), an international electronics company, is bringing its critically-acclaimed flagship Android handset – the OPPO N1, to Malaysian shores. We’ve just received a media invite to its launch next week, where William Fang, OPPO Electronics CEO will make an appearance to unveil the company’s product offerings.
OPPO is a technology brand that has found past success with its MP3 devices, Blu-ray players and feature phones. It entered the mobile phone market in May 2008, and subsequently the smartphone market. In July 2013, OPPO was reported to be the second most profitable mobile phone company in China, the world’s largest smartphone market.
Late last year, OPPO unveiled the groundbreaking OPPO N1 featuring a incredible large 5.9-inch display, first-of-its-kind rotating camera, rear touch panel and ships with Color, a custom UI based on Android 4.2 with over 400 unique features. A limited OPPO N1 CyanogenMod Edition ships with CyanogenMod preinstalled, the first CyanogenMod hardware product in the world. And on Tuesday next week, we’ll get a touch and feel of this intriguing device.
We are unsure if the CyanogenMod version will be made available in Malaysia at launch but we will be sure to find out. Regular versions with Color can also be flashed to CyanogenMod directly from stock recovery.
In some markets, the 16GB OPPO N1 retails for US$599 (approx. RM1,830). Also available in a 32GB version.
OPPO is also expected to launch the Find 5 Mini, R1 and OPPO Neo smartphones.
Here are what some of the tech press have said about the Find 5:
“OPPO has gotten so much right that they deserve a lot of credit.” – Android Authority
Specs at a glance
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 170.7 x 82.6 x 9 mm
- Weight: 213 g
- Operating system: Color, based on Android 4.2
- Processor: 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Quad Core
- GPU: Adreno 320
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16 / 32GB
- Sensors: Distance sensor, Light sensor, G-sensor, 4D Gyroscope
- Battery capacity: 3610mAh
- Display: 5.9-inch IPS, 16M colours, Touchscreen, Multi-touch, capacitive screen, Gorilla Glass 3, O-Touch
- Resolution: 1080p Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels), 377 PPI
- Camera Sensor: 13-megapixel sensor with dedicated ISP, Flash, Dual-mode LED, Aperture f/2.0
- Connectivity: Frequencies: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz; WCDMA: 850/900/1700/1900/2100MHz
- Other: USB OTG, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display, GPS, NFC
We can’t wait to have a hands-on the exciting OPPO N1! Keep your eyes peeled.
For more information about OPPO, visit https://en.oppo.com/
Show Comments (2)