US President Barack Obama announced on his Facebook page yesterday on the availability of the Obama for America campaign mobile app for iOS and Android. The app provides breaking news and updates, localised facts, events, voting and registration rules and also provides a platform to donate to the Obama for America campaign.
[ad#Google Adsense 336×280]
Obama has been a benchmark for social media and new media marketing after his highly successful presidential campaign in 2009, using social channels to interact and engage with this audience pre-, during and post-elections.
The Obama for America app at a glance:
- Get the facts: Have a friend who wants to know exactly what kind of impact the President has had in your state? Need to know about new voting laws or deadlines? All the facts you need, localized for you.
- Take action: Sign up to canvass—then get started right away with a list of voters in your neighborhood. Access scripts and enter feedback and responses in real time as you go.
- Find events: Find campaign events near you—from volunteer events to visits from the President and First Lady. RSVP, invite friends, and get there on time with full map integration.
- Share breaking news: Get the most important news of the day, and keep your friends and family in the loop on Facebook, Twitter, and via email and text message.
- Get out the vote: Access voting and registration rules for your state, help register friends, and make sure supporters get to the polls on Election Day.
- Donate: Help build this campaign one grassroots donation at a time.
Download the app for free.
Will we see a Najib for Malaysia app soon?