Following the success of the flagship Lumia 1520, Nokia is bringing the large format Lumia experience to the budget-conscious public with the new Lumia 1320. Packed with a brilliant 6-inch IPS HD display, the LTE-enabled device retails at a pocket-friendly price of RM1,199.
With the 6-inch HD LCD IPS (1280×720) super sensitive touch display protected by Gorilla Glass 3, the Lumia 1320 is made for content consumption. Xbox Live integration, Zinio and Moli Player bring the ultimate gaming, reading and movie-watching experience to the new device.
Powering the Lumia 1320 is the venerable dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor running at 1.7Ghz. An able performer, packed with 1GB RAM. Internal storage is 8GB, with the option of expanding up to 64GB via microSD. Content can also be stored in the cloud with free 7GB of SkyDrive storage.
Read also: [First Impressions] Nokia Lumia 1520.
Expect the Lumia 1320 to last a full day of use or more, with its whopping 3,400mAh integrated battery.
The Lumia 1320 comes with a 5MP autofocus main camera with flash and of course coupled with the new Nokia Camera app that integrates Pro, Smart and video imaging modes.
An appy experience
Nokia Storyteller makes stories come to life, integrating images with HERE location information into a chronological picture journey on a map.
The Creative Studio app, meanwhile, enables easy photo-editing with different filters and effects.
Like the rest of the Lumia family, the Lumia 1320 comes built-in with Nokia MixRadio, Nokia’s streaming unlimited music for free service, without ads or subscription.
The famed HERE suite of navigation and mapping services is worth a mention, working even better on a larger screen.
Specs at a glance
- Operating system Windows Phone 8
- HERE location and mapping services HERE location and mapping services: Free global HERE Maps with LiveSight augmented reality view.
- Free HERE Drive with a local license. HERE Transit available in the Store
- Display 6” HD LCD IPS (1280×720) Super sensitive touch support for glove and long nail use; Gorilla Glass 3
- Battery 3400 mAh (integrated)
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (1.7Ghz Dual-Core)
- Main camera 5MP Auto Focus, flash. Video 1080p@30fps.
- Front facing camera 0.3MP VGA.
- Memory 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal user memory; 7 GB
- SkyDrive cloud storage, micro SD card support up to 64GB
- Color availability Black, Yellow, and White
Visit the official Nokia Lumia 1320 specs page for more details.
Pricing and availability
Nokia Lumia 1320 is available starting 17 January 2014 in the Klang Valley, and a week later for the rest of Malaysia. Pricing is RM1,199 (SRP).
Nokia plays the value game really well, and the Lumia 1320 is no exception. Despite its disappointing camera (the 6.7/8MP PureView module from the Lumia 720/925 would have been perfect), it is still undeniably feature-packed and priced just right.
The Lumia 1320 will appeal to those looking for a budget phablet-sized device.